Simply Fried Chicken Wings
My Simply Fried Chicken Wings are always right on time! With the Superbowl around the corner, many of us are looking for quick and simple recipe ideas that are easy to pull together and perfect for a crowd.
If you’re hosting a gathering of family and friends during the big game day, feeding them something good is high on the list.
This recipe is perfect for large crowds because you don’t have to worry about those sauce stains or messy fingers. Chicken wings are a grab and go kinda snack. Plus, restaurants that focus on wings can get overly crowded and busy during this time, so making your own wings at home can definitely eliminate the need to pick up a to-go order.
Making my Simply Fried Chicken Wings:
You begin by removing the “tip” of the chicken wing which is connected to the “flat”.
Once this is removed, you should end up with a drumette and flat. You can discard the tip.
Place your drumettes and flats into a large bowl and coat the chicken wings with the seasonings.
After slightly coating your chicken wings with flour, mix your egg and cream together in a bowl and pour over your chicken.
This will help your first coat of flour stick to your chicken wings and gives it that crispy texture.
Once you season the all-purpose flour, thoroughly coat your chicken to get a nice thick layer of flour before adding to your hot oil.
I use Safflower Oil when frying my wings because it’s safe when cooking at high temperatures, helps improve blood sugar levels and lowers cholesterol which is helpful for heart health. Hey, even when frying foods we want to do it in the healthiest way possible. 🙂
Cook each wing for 8 to 9 minutes each side and allow them to cool.
If you are looking for a great game day idea that is simple give these Simply Fried Chicken Wings a spot on your table. Everyone loves fried chicken wings!
Here are a few more chicken recipes to check out:
- Creamy Chicken Marsala
- Boneless Teriyaki Chicken Bites
- Juicy Chicken Parmesan
- Creamy Cast Iron Tuscan Chicken
- Indian Butter Chicken
- Sicilian Chicken & Spinach Saute
- Curry Chicken & Mushroom Risotto
- General Tso’s Chicken & Broccoli
- Roasted Cast Iron Chicken
Simply Fried Chicken Wings
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
Many of us are looking for quick and simple recipes that are easy to make and perfect for a crowd. And my Simply Fried Chicken Wings are right on time!
- 5 lbs Whole Chicken Wings
- 2 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 4 tbsp Creole Seasoning
- 2 tbsp Paprika
- 3 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsp Oregano
- 1 tbsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Whipping Cream
- 3 Large Organic Eggs
- Cut the chicken wings at the joints and discard the wing tips.
- Place the cut drumettes and flats in a large bowl. Season with paprika, oregano and black pepper. Mix well using hands.
- Add eggs and whipping cream into a small bowl a whisk (paid link).
- Use 1/4 of the four to slightly coat the wings. Pour the egg mixture over the wings and mix well uaing hands.
- Add remaining flour and seasonings into a large bag. Add chicken wings into the bag. Shake until each piece is coated well.
- Add cooking oil to cooking pan and heat at medium-high temperature. Once the oil is hot, cook each chicken wing for 8 minutes one side and 9 minutes on the other. Remove from heat and drain excess oil. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 18 minutes
- Cook Time: 17 minutes
- Category: Comfort Food
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 884
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 1046mg
- Fat: 52.5g
- Carbohydrates: 50.1g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Protein: 50.7g
- Cholesterol: 238mg
Keywords: Fried Chicken Wings, Fried Chicken, Chicken Wings, Crispy Chicken Wings