When you're looking for a healthy low-carb or keto meal packed full of flavor, this Roasted Cast Iron Chicken paired with sauteed spinach & mushrooms is a perfect idea!
This is a simple chicken dinner preparation that appears on my dinner table at least one night a week. I'm not sure what the actual secret is as to why food tastes so great when cooked in cast iron skillets, but I like it a lot!
Combining the texture and moisture from the chicken quarters along with the great flavors from the fresh vegetables (and mushrooms), you'll feel a lot less guilty for eating something that tastes this great.
When making the Roasted Cast Iron Chicken:
- In order for the chicken to have your taste buds dancing it has to be juicy --- and not overcooking it will contribute to that.
- You'll want to pan fry the chicken in the cast iron skillet first before placing it in the oven to continue to cook. This ensures the chicken skin "fat" renders all the way down and is still crispy after baking. Once evenly seasoned and you have good crispiness on the skin, the oven will do the rest.
- Fresh spinach does not go a long way and although it seems as though you are making enough for a family of 6, it may only feed two people, literally. 🙂
For those that are cautious of the number of calories you're taking in, this Roasted Cast Iron Chicken will certainly prove to be right on time. It is also perfect to enjoy as leftovers --- well, that is if there is any left!
Here are a few more chicken recipes to check out:
- Creamy Chicken Marsala
- Simply Fried Chicken Wings
- Juicy Chicken Parmesan
- Creamy Cast Iron Tuscan Chicken
- Sicilian Chicken & Spinach Saute
- Curry Chicken & Mushroom Risotto
- General Tso’s Chicken & Broccoli
- Creamed Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast