When you’re looking for a healthy low-carb (or keto) meal packed full of flavor this cast iron chicken will be the perfect recipe idea. I’m not sure what the actual secret is as to why food taste so great when cooked in cast iron skillets but I like it a lot!
In order for the chicken to have your taste buds dancing it has to be juicy — and not overcooking it will contribute to that. Combining the texture and moisture from the chicken quarters along with the great flavors from the fresh vegetables (and mushrooms), you’ll feel a lot less guilty for eating something that taste this great.
Once evenly seasoned all you really need to do is to get a good browning/crispiness on the skin and the oven will do the rest. For those that are cautious of the amount of calories you’re taking in, this Roasted Cast Iron Chicken will certainly prove to be right on time.
- 2 Whole Chicken Quarters
- 10 oz. Fresh Leaf Spinach
- 1/4 cup Sherry Cooking Wine
- 1/3 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 tbsp. Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 tsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp. and 1/2 tsp. Minced Garlic, Separated
- 1/2 tsp. Organic Ground Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- 3/4 tsp. Ground Thyme
- Dash Garlic Powder
- Dash Himalayan Sea Salt
- Dash Organic Ground White Pepper
- 4 oz. Fresh White Mushrooms
- 5 tbsp. Butter
- Pre-heat cooking pan to medium heat and add 3 tbsp of butter. Season chicken with turmeric and paprika then add 1/2 tsp of the minced garlic into heated pan. Add chicken quarters and brown the skin side for 7 minutes then the back side for 5 minutes. Once done, remove chicken from stove top and set aside.
- Remove most of the excess liquid from pan and add the other 2 tbsp of butter. Add 1 tbsp of minced garlic, sherry cooking wine, white pepper and chicken stock to pan and allow to cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add heavy whipping cream, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, ground thyme and mushrooms (optional) then allow to cook for 2 minutes. Add fresh spinach and dash of garlic powder and allow the spinach to cook down for 2 minutes or until wilted.
- Place the chicken quarters back into the pan with ingredients with the skin side up and remove from heat. Place pan into a pre-heated oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool then serve.