It's time to turn your typical chicken dinner up a notch! Tender chicken breasts, stuffed with a nice helping of creamy spinach is just the way to do it. Plus, it's low carb, keto-friendly, and gluten-free. This Creamed Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast is slowly becoming a household favorite.
Two familiar ingredients join together in a completely new way --- well, maybe not completely new to all of us, but it's indeed a new take on tasty. And since I'm all about making food that is also great for you, let's discuss the healthy deets for this recipe.
First up is the chicken breast. It's an excellent source of low-fat protein and protein is very important when it comes to building lean muscle. And let's not forget how great spinach is for us as well.
Spinach is high in fiber and helps the fight against cancer. It's also an anti-inflammatory high in antioxidants that assist with lowering blood pressure.
Making the Creamed Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast:
This recipe begins with partially splitting and seasoning the chicken breast. You'll need to use the butterfly technique to cut your chicken breast. However, make sure you don't completely split the chicken breast in half.
Season the outside and inside of the chicken and set to the side.
When making the creamed spinach filling, cool your freshly sauteed leaf spinach slightly after cooking. Add all spinach ingredients into a large bowl and mix together.
Once you stuff your chicken with the spinach filling, use toothpicks to help keep the filling intact while cooking. Cook your chicken for 6 to 7 minutes each side then remove from heat.
If you prefer your chicken pan-seared cook uncovered, but if you prefer a more moist chicken cook covered.
This Creamed Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast recipe is great for any day of the week. When you want to serve the family a low carb option, give this entree a spot on your table. Enjoy!
Here are a few more chicken recipes to check out:
- Creamy Chicken Marsala
- Simply Fried Chicken Wings
- Grilled Chicken & Vegetable Shish Kebabs
- Boneless Teriyaki Chicken Bites
- Juicy Chicken Parmesan
- Creamy Cast Iron Tuscan Chicken
- Indian Butter Chicken
- Sicilian Chicken & Spinach Saute
- Curry Chicken & Mushroom Risotto
- General Tso’s Chicken & Broccoli
- Roasted Cast Iron Chicken
This Creamed Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast recipe stuffs tender chicken breasts with a creamy spinach filling. The recipe is low carb and gluten-free.
For the Cream Spinach:
- 8 oz Fresh Spinach
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup Shredded Asiago Cheese
- 1 tbsp Sour Cream
- 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Himalayan Salt
For the chicken:
- 1 lb Chicken Breast
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- 1 ½ tsp Creole Seasoning
- 1 ½ tsp Oregano
- Begin by using the butterfly technique to cut your chicken open. Be careful not to split in half.
- Season chicken inside and outside.
- Cook spinach for a few minutes until it begins to wilt, add to large bowl, and allow to coll for 10 minutes. Add all remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Stuff chicken with with a spinach filling and add toothpicks to close opening.
- Add olive oil to cooking pan and cook chicken on medium to high heat for 6 to 7 minutes each side; covered if preferred. Remove from heat, remove toothpicks, and serve immediately.
For the ideal filling texture, make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature before beginning the process.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Pan Seared
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 804
- Sugar: 1.1g
- Sodium: 1723mg
- Fat: 53.7g
- Carbohydrates: 11.9g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Protein: 69.3g
- Cholesterol: 293mg
Keywords: Creamed Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast, Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast, Stuffed Chicken Breast