It’s time to turn your typical chicken dinner up a notch! Tender chicken breasts stuffed with a generous helping of creamy spinach are just the way to do it. Plus, it’s low-carb, keto-friendly, and gluten-free. This Cheesy Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast is quickly becoming a household favorite.
Two familiar ingredients join together in a completely new way — well, maybe not entirely new for all of us, but it’s indeed a fresh take on tasty.
The “filling” is made using fresh spinach and three types of cheese. Along with the seasonings, we also sour cream to make it even more creamy. And to make sure the recipe is full of flavor on the inside and out, the chicken breast is also seasoned.
Ingredients you’ll need:
- For the chicken, you need chicken breast, which will be seasoned with black pepper, Creole seasoning, and oregano.
- For the cheesy spinach filling, you’ll need fresh spinach, minced garlic, cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, asiago cheese, and sour cream.
- The filling is seasoned with crushed red pepper, garlic powder, black pepper, and sea salt.
Making the creamed spinach stuffed chicken breast:
- This recipe begins with partially splitting and seasoning the chicken breast. Make sure you don’t completely split the chicken breast in half. The result should be a nice “pocket” where the filling will be stuffed.
- Season the outside and inside of the chicken and set it to the side.
- When making the creamed spinach filling, cool your freshly sauteed leaf spinach slightly after cooking. Add all spinach ingredients into a large bowl and mix them together.
- Once you stuff your chicken with the spinach filling, use toothpicks to help keep the filling intact while cooking. Cook your chicken for 6 to 7 minutes on each side, then remove from heat.
What to serve with stuffed chicken breast?
Any side will go great with this recipe, and because you are using chicken, the possibilities are endless.
- You could double up on your spinach and serve your stuffed chicken with an additional side of sauteed spinach or creamed spinach.
- And, of course, any other green vegetable would do, like broccoli, Brussels sprouts, or green beans.
- Other vegetables that would be great as well include carrots, cauliflower, and sauteed mushrooms.
- If you prefer a starchy side, whip up a quick helping of buttered white or brown rice. Mashed potatoes or potatoes au gratin would go great with this recipe.
- If you are team #morecheeseplease, a side of cheesy risotto would be perfect too.
- And when in doubt, a side salad will do the trick!
This Creamy Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast recipe is great for any day of the week. When you want to serve the family a low-carb option, give this entree a spot on your table. Enjoy!
Here are a few more chicken recipes to check out:
- Creamy Chicken Marsala
- Simply Fried Chicken Wings
- Boneless Teriyaki Chicken Bites
- Juicy Chicken Parmesan
- Creamy Cast Iron Tuscan Chicken
- Indian Butter Chicken
- Sicilian Chicken & Spinach Saute
- Curry Chicken & Mushroom Risotto
- General Tso’s Chicken & Broccoli
- Roasted Cast Iron Chicken