Curry Chicken & Mushroom Risotto
I really love risotto recipes because it doesn’t get much better than a creamy rice dish. Just the mention of garlic, Parmesan cheese, mushrooms, chicken, and rice will get my attention as does this Curry Chicken & Mushroom Risotto. [Don’t miss the video of me making this dish below].
Risotto was popularized by Italian cuisine and it begins when rice is cooked in a broth until it reaches a creamy consistency. Once you have this base, you can truly make it your own.
How to make Curry Chicken & Mushroom Risotto:
- Begin by seasoning your chicken with turmeric, curry powder, and paprika. Searing the chicken results in the ideal texture; and did I mention how moist and tender this chicken will be?
- After removing your chicken from the heat, lower the heat to medium and add the butter, minced garlic, onions, and white mushrooms.
- Once the onions are translucent, add the arborio rice and cook for a few minutes before adding cooking wine, oregano, Himalayan sea salt, and black pepper.
- Add the chicken stock and coconut milk to the pan, stir and bring to a boil.
- Place your chicken thighs back into the pot, cover, and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes and add remaining ingredients once out of the oven.
This dish packs a powerful punch of flavors and when you combine creamy mushroom risotto and seared curry chicken you will have a knockout meal. Give this Curry Chicken Mushroom Risotto a spot on your dinner table when you want something awesome for the entire family.
Here are a few more chicken recipes to check out:
- Creamed Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Simply Fried Chicken Wings
- Boneless Teriyaki Chicken Bites
- Juicy Chicken Parmesan
- Creamy Cast Iron Tuscan Chicken
- Indian Butter Chicken
- Sicilian Chicken & Spinach Saute
- Creamy Chicken Marsala
- General Tso’s Chicken & Broccoli
- Roasted Cast Iron Chicken
Curry Chicken Mushroom Risotto
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 5 1x
Just the mention of garlic, Parmesan cheese, mushrooms, chicken and rice will get my attention as does this Curry Chicken Mushroom Risotto.
- 5 Organic Chicken Thighs
- 1 tbsp Organic Ground Tumeric
- 1 tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 6 tbsp Butter
- 7 oz Chopped Onion
- 3 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 8 oz Fresh White Mushrooms
- 1/3 cup Sherry Cooking Wine
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 1/3 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 1/3 cup Arborio Rice
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Begin by cutting a slit into the skin of the chicken thighs. Season the chicken thighs with ground tumeric, curry powder and paprkia and rub the seasoning into the meat.
- Pre-heat cooking pan to medium-high heat. Add 2 tbsp of butter and cook chicken thighs on both sides for 4 minutes until brown. Once cooked set chicken to the side and partially remove access grease from cooking pan.
- Lower the heat to medium and add 2 tbsp butter, minced garlic, onions and white mushrooms. Cook for a few minutes. Add arborio rice to cooking pan and cook for another 3 minutes. Add cooking wine, oregano, himalayan sea salt and black pepper then stir and cook for a few minutes.
- Add chicken stock and 1 cup coconut milk to pot, stir and bring heat to high until ingredients begin to boil. Once ingredients begin to boil, remove from heat, add chicken back into the pot, place cover over the pot and bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Remove pot from oven after 20 minutes and remove the chicken thighs from the pot. Add the 1/3 cup coconut milk, 2 tbsp butter and Parmesan cheese to the pot of cooked rice and stir.
- Add chicken thighs back to the pot, allow to cool, then serve.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 877
- Sugar: 4.1g
- Sodium: 681mg
- Fat: 32.7g
- Carbohydrates: 34.2g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Protein: 43g
- Cholesterol: 218mg
Keywords: Curry Chicken Mushroom Risotto, Mushroom Risotto, Chicken Risotto