The mention of garlic, Parmesan cheese, chicken and rice will get my attention at any dinner table.
This dish packs a powerful punch of flavors and when you combine creamy mushroom risotto and seared curry chicken you will have a knockout meal. If you have any issues with the kiddos eating their food try this dish and you may be surprised with the response you’ll get.
- 5 Organic Chicken Thighs
- 1 tbsp Organic Ground Tumeric
- 1 tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 6 tbsp Butter
- 7 oz Chopped Onion
- 3 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 8 oz Fresh White Mushrooms
- 1/3 cup Sherry Cooking Wine
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 1/3 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 1/3 cup Arborio Rice
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
- Begin by cutting a slit into the skin of the chicken thighs.
- Season the chicken thighs with ground tumeric, curry powder and paprkia and rub the seasoning into the meat.
- Pre-heat cooking pan to medium-high heat. Add 2 tbsp of butter and cook chicken thighs on both sides for 4 minutes until brown. Once cooked set chicken to the side and partially remove access grease from cooking pan.
- Lower the heat to medium and add 2 tbsp butter, minced garlic, onions and white mushrooms. Cook for a few minutes. Add arborio rice to cooking pan and cook for another 3 minutes. Add cooking wine, oregano, himalayan sea salt and black pepper then stir and cook for a few minutes.
- Add chicken stock and 1 cup coconut milk to pot, stir and bring heat to high until ingredients begin to boil.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Once ingredients begin to boil, remove from heat, add chicken back into the pot, place cover over the pot and bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Remove pot from oven after 20 minutes and remove the chicken thighs from the pot. Add the 1/3 cup coconut milk, 2 tbsp butter and Parmesan cheese to the pot of cooked rice and stir.
- Add chicken thighs back to the pot, allow to cool, then serve.