I really love risotto recipes because it doesn't get much better than a creamy rice dish. Just the mention of garlic, Parmesan cheese, mushrooms, chicken, and rice will get my attention as does this Curry Chicken & Mushroom Risotto. [Don't miss the video of me making this dish below].
Risotto was popularized by Italian cuisine and it begins when rice is cooked in a broth until it reaches a creamy consistency. Once you have this base, you can truly make it your own.
How to make Curry Chicken & Mushroom Risotto:
- Begin by seasoning your chicken with turmeric, curry powder, and paprika. Searing the chicken results in the ideal texture; and did I mention how moist and tender this chicken will be?
- After removing your chicken from the heat, lower the heat to medium and add the butter, minced garlic, onions, and white mushrooms.
- Once the onions are translucent, add the arborio rice and cook for a few minutes before adding cooking wine, oregano, Himalayan sea salt, and black pepper.
- Add the chicken stock and coconut milk to the pan, stir and bring to a boil.
- Place your chicken thighs back into the pot, cover, and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes and add remaining ingredients once out of the oven.
This dish packs a powerful punch of flavors and when you combine creamy mushroom risotto and seared curry chicken you will have a knockout meal. Give this Curry Chicken Mushroom Risotto a spot on your dinner table when you want something awesome for the entire family.
Here are a few more chicken recipes to check out:
- Creamed Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Simply Fried Chicken Wings
- Grilled Chicken & Vegetable Shish Kebabs
- Boneless Teriyaki Chicken Bites
- Juicy Chicken Parmesan
- Creamy Cast Iron Tuscan Chicken
- Indian Butter Chicken
- Sicilian Chicken & Spinach Saute
- Creamy Chicken Marsala
- General Tso’s Chicken & Broccoli
- Roasted Cast Iron Chicken