This French Toast Egg & Cheese Breakfast Sandwich recreates the traditional breakfast sandwich by incorporating the flavors of French Toast. Now how is that for a flavor combination.
I grew up in the country and embraced the fact that breakfast foods were on the menu for not only breakfast but sometimes lunch and dinner too. And the one thing that I had a lot of were eggs and the other thing I loved was French toast.
So I thought why not combine the two? Say hello to the French Toast Egg & Cheese Breakfast Sandwich.
The sweetness from the French Toast, combined with cheesy eggs and a little heat from the red peppers make this breakfast sandwich the perfect option to get your morning off on the right foot.
You can make your breakfast sandwich a few ways. I am all about options! 🙂
- Dip the bread only, and after adding it to your pan, top with cheese and scrambled eggs.
- Dip the bread and cheese before adding to the pan and then top with scrambled eggs.
- Dip the bread into the egg mixture with the cheese and scrambled eggs already stacked on before adding it to the pan. The picture above shows the second option.
So the next time you can’t decide between French toast and an egg sandwich for breakfast, you’ll know exactly where to come! My French Toast Breakfast Sandwich is fulfilling, tastes great, and makes for the perfect grab and go recipe.Print
This French Toast Egg & Cheese Breakfast Sandwich recreates the traditional breakfast sandwich by incorporating the flavors of French Toast.
- 3 Organic Large Brown Eggs
- 1/4 cup Evaporated Milk
- 2 Bread Slices
- 2 Swiss Cheese Slices
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 tsp. Crushed Red Peppers
- 1 tbsp. Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Nutmeg
- Dash Sea Salt
- Dash Black Pepper
- Begin by adding 1 egg, evaporated milk, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar and vanilla extract to a bowl and whisk together.
- In separate bowl, add 2 eggs, Parmesan cheese, crusted red pepper, shredded mozzarella cheese, sea salt and black pepper and whisk together.
- Pre-heat cooking pan to medium heat, add butter and scramble egg and cheese mixture until done.
- Add more butter to cooking pan, add 1 slice of Swiss cheese and top with scrambled eggs then dip the outside of bread into the egg and evaporated milk mixture.
- Cook one side for 3 minutes. Add another slice of Swiss cheese to the other slice of bread and dip into the egg and evaporated milk mixture. Flip sandwich together.
- Once each side cooks for 3 minutes, serve hot.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 414
- Fat: 26.1g
Keywords: French Toast Breakfast Sandwich, Breakfast Sandwich, French Toast