Sicilian Chicken & Spinach Saute
I feel like anything cooked in a cast iron skillet (paid link) is automatically a great tasting dish and this Sicilian Chicken & Spinach will not disappoint. This is an awesome meal for the entire family on any day of the week.
While we’re on the topic of cast irons…
Growing up in South Louisiana we always used the cast iron skillet (paid link) to cook almost any and everything. I did some research on the cast iron and never knew that there were so many benefits.
Not only is it easy to clean, but it has a very long life span. Cast irons are also chemical-free so you have no worries of unwanted elements in your food. In addition, iron is added to your meals when using cast iron skillets and that is always a plus for your blood health.
Pan-seared chicken thighs and spiced-up flavors along with fresh spinach is an awesome dinner time go to. Plus, this dish is low on the carbs!
Well-seasoned chicken is always a little better when cooked in butter. Once you pan fry the chicken thighs, the spinach is combined with sun-dried tomatoes and cream before adding the chicken back to the skillet.
When you want to impress the family with a great tasting chicken dish place this Sicilian Chicken & Spinach Saute on your menu. Enjoy!
Here are a few more chicken recipes to check out:
- Creamed Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Simply Fried Chicken Wings
- Boneless Teriyaki Chicken Bites
- Juicy Chicken Parmesan
- Creamy Cast Iron Tuscan Chicken
- Indian Butter Chicken
- Creamy Chicken Marsala
- Curry Chicken & Mushroom Risotto
- General Tso’s Chicken & Broccoli
- Roasted Cast Iron Chicken
Sicilian Chicken & Spinach Saute
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 5 1x
I feel like anything cooked in a cast iron skillet (paid link) is automatically a great tasting dish and this Cast Iron Sicilian Chicken and Spinach will not disappoint.
- 5 Bone-In, Skin-On Chicken Thighs
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 8 oz. Fresh Leaf Spinach
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Grated Cheese
- 3 tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 tsp. Ground Thyme
- 1/4 tsp. Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- Dash Red Cayenne Pepper
- 4 tbsp. Butter
- Season the chicken thighs with sea salt and pepper then rub the seasoning into the meat.
- Pre-heat cooking pan to medium heat and add 3 tbsp of butter. Cook chicken thighs on both sides for 4 minutes until brown. Set chicken to the side and partially remove most of the excess liquid from pan and add the other 1 tbsp of butter.
- Add minced garlic and crushed red pepper to pan and stir for 2 minutes. Add chicken stock, heavy whipping cream, parmesan cheese and ground thyme then cook until it begins to blend and simmer. Add sun-dried tomatoes and red cayenne pepper and cook for a few minutes.
- Add fresh spinach and allow the spinach to cook down for 2 minutes or until wilted.
- Place the chicken thighs back into the pan with ingredients (skin side up) and remove from heat.
- Place pan into a pre-heated oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, allow to cool, then serve.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: Sicilian
- Calories: 383
- Sugar: 0.7g
- Sodium: 295mg
- Fat: 25.6g
- Carbohydrates: 3.3g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 17.8g
- Cholesterol: 139mg
Keywords: Sicilian Chicken & Spinach Saute, Sicilian Chicken
Dude that Cookz! This is wonderful! So yummy, quick, and easy! Indeed, this recipe is a keeper!
So flavorful and comforting. Everything just melds together nicely.
Can’t wait to check out your other recipes.
Hi JuneBug! I love to hear that kind of feedback! Thanks for stopping by!
Oh my gosh! This is seriously the best chicken I have ever tasted.
We loved this so much, we actually made it 2 nights in a row!
It also tastes great reheated for lunch!
Thank you for this amazing recipe!
This is the type of feedback we love to hear! Thank you, Theresa!
GREAT RECIPE TO MAKE.!! can I use boneless chicken thighs
I don’t know how anyone else hasn’t left a comment raving about how easy and delicious this dish is!! My sister shared it with me, and we tried it out tonight. Holy guacamole, it’s AMAZING!! We had it on a bed of Trade Joe’s Harvest Grains couscous, and added a sprinkling of chopped up left over bacon as we put it into the oven for 20 mins. YUMMY!! Thank you so much for creating this!!
This is amazing and I’m so glad you shared your experience. This keeps me inspired so thanks again!