If you love a great classic Italian dish, I can’t wait for you to try this Tender & Crispy Chicken Parmesan (Chicken Parmigiana). Crispy yet juicy, breaded chicken breasts are topped with a tangy tomato sauce and a layer of provolone cheese.
You should also check out a few more chicken recipes like my Creamed Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast, Chicken Parmesan Sandwich, Creamy Chicken Marsala, Creamy Cast Iron Tuscan Chicken, Sicilian Chicken & Spinach Saute, and Roasted Cast Iron Chicken.
This is one of my favorite recipes to make and the kids actually look forward to this one.
The ingredients basically consist of breaded chicken breast smothered in a savory tomato sauce and topped with as much provolone cheese as one can handle — sounds like a winner, winner chicken dinner to me!
This is a straightforward dish that won’t much time to prepare. The unique flavors you get from the Parmesan cheese added to the tomato sauce, and the chicken’s crispiness adds some serious harmony to this delightful dish. Enjoy it by itself or pair it with a side of spaghetti for a complete meal.
Ingredients you’ll need to make Chicken Parmesan:
- First, we must make the tomato sauce. This will be placed on top of the breaded chicken and underneath the provolone cheese. For the sauce, you’ll need Crushed Tomato Sauce, Freshly Chopped Basil, Parmesan Cheese, Crushed Red Pepper, Black Pepper, and Himalayan Salt.
- For the chicken, you’ll prepare this in two steps: Season & Coat. And cutting your Chicken Breast in half, you’ll season them with Paprika, Black Pepper, Garlic Powder, Ground Thyme, and Himalayan Salt. For the “coating” process, you’ll need All-Purpose Flour, Eggs, Italian Breadcrumbs, and Parmesan Cheese.
- And last but not least, Provolone Cheese and Fresh Basil to top it all off.
How to Make Chicken Parmesan:
- In a small pot, combine tomato sauce, garlic, basil, Parmesan cheese, red pepper, black pepper, and Himalayan salt, then cook for 5 minutes. I like to “doctor up” my tomato sauce to put my twist on it.
- For the chicken, slice each breast in half and tenderize the chicken with a meat tenderizer . Feel free to have some fun with this step. Season each side with paprika, black pepper, garlic powder, ground thyme, and Himalayan salt.
- Once the chicken is seasoned, slightly coat with all-purpose flour. Set to the side.
- In a bowl, scramble eggs. Set to the side.
- Using a large ziplock bag, mix the breadcrumbs and grated Parmesan Cheese.
- Dredge the chicken in the eggs first, then coat with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Cook your chicken for 3 to 4 minutes on each side and add to a baking pan when done. (Note: Be careful not to overcook the chicken breast. Thinner halves will only need 3 minutes, where larger slices may require 4 minutes.)
- Top off each chicken breast with tomato sauce, Provolone cheese (free to add an extra slice if you love cheese as I do), and a few sprinkles of freshly chopped basil. Broil for 30 seconds until the cheese melts.
- If you want to serve your chicken Parmesan with spaghetti, cook as instructed and set it to the side until the chicken Parmesan is done. You can serve it on the side or place your chicken parmesan on top of a bed of spaghetti.
If you want to show off your kitchen skills with little effort on your end, this simple and easy Chicken Parmesan recipe is the perfect dinner idea. This recipe definitely deserves a spot on the dinner table.Print