General Tso’s Chicken & Broccoli has been a favorite since my good ole college days. While playing college football the team would sometimes treat ourselves to an Asian buffet and that’s where I had General Tso’s Chicken for the very first time. The texture of the crispy chicken combined with the sweetness from the sauce makes them truly an awesome team.
This Asian-inspired dish can taste like a cheat day meal, but the protein intake and added vegetables (like broccoli and mushrooms) will do the body good. Plus, it’s very simple and easy to pull together for your family any day of the week.
Tips when making General Tso’s Chicken & Broccoli:
- Begin by cutting your chicken breast into cubes and covering each piece with paprika and flour.
- This flour coating gives the chicken that slightly crispy texture that makes this dish great.
- I didn’t make my own sauce for this recipe, so I went with a local General Tso’s Sauce brand.
- You can serve this recipe with rice or as-is if you want to cut down the carbs even more.
Looking for a quick Asian-inspired meal? Then look no further than my General Tso’s Chicken & Broccoli. Enjoy!
Here are a few more chicken recipes to check out:
- Creamy Chicken Marsala
- Juicy Chicken Parmesan
- Creamy Cast Iron Tuscan Chicken
- Indian Butter Chicken
- Sicilian Chicken & Spinach Saute
- Curry Chicken & Mushroom Risotto
- Creamed Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Roasted Cast Iron Chicken