Go big or go home! When one beef patty just won't do, try out my Double Burger With Fried Cheese --- it will fill you up for sure!
Now, this isn't your typical cheeseburger. Although simply prepared with double meat, lettuce, and tomato, the fun starts with the layer of fried provolone cheese. Just this addition adds both texture and flavor to your burger.
With so many burger ideas around floating around, I had never come across any that added a slice of fried cheese --- it's definitely one I haven't seen at any of my local burger joints.
How to make a double burger with fried cheese:
- You'll begin this recipe by breaking down the ground the beef into smaller pieces and adding to a large bowl. Sea salt, black pepper, ground cumin, and chili powder will serve as your seasonings. Form the ground beef into patties and set them to the side while you work on your fried cheese.
- In a separate bowl, add corn starch, paprika, flour, and club soda and whisk together until smooth. You'll dredge your cheese slice in this mixture in a later step.
- Heat (medium-heat) one pan to use for your patties and another plan for your fried cheese. Add required (see detailed steps in the recipe card) olive oil into both pans.
- Sprinkle all-purpose flour onto a plate and lightly coat the provolone cheese. Then coat with floured cheese in the mixture you created above. Add the cheese to the hot pan. Cook cheese for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Cook your beef patties for 3 minutes on each side.
- Add your optional lettuce and tomato to a kaiser bun, then stack with your beef patties and fried cheese. I place my fried cheese in between the two patties.
I love burgers so it doesn't take much for me to be inspired to come up with a fun burger idea. You don't always have to go out to your local burger joint to enjoy something unique. You can have that experience in the comfort of your home.
Pair your Double-Stacked Burger with Fried Cheese with a side of crinkled or sweet potato fries to round out your meal. Oh yeah, and a nice IPA wouldn't hurt either. Enjoy!
Check out my other burger recipes below:
- Double Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Burger
- Spicy Jalapeño Double Cheese Burger
- Texas Toast Double Cheeseburger
- Mushroom & Swiss Sliders
Go big or go home! When one beef patty just won't do, try out my Double Burger With Fried Cheese - it will fill you up for sure!
- ½ lb. Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Kaiser Roll
- 1 Slice Thick Provolone Cheese
- ½ cup Corn Starch
- ½ cup All Purpose Flour
- ¾ cup Club Soda
- ½ tsp. Sea Salt
- ½ tsp. Black Pepper
- ½ tsp. Chili Powder
- ½ tsp. Ground Cumin
- ½ tsp. Paprika
- Break down ground beef and add to a large bowl. Season with sea salt, black pepper, ground cumin, and chili powder. Form meat into two patties and set to the side.
- In a separate bowl, add corn starch, paprika, flour, and club soda. Whisk together until smooth.
- Heat two pans. Heat one pan for your ground beef patties and a second pan for the fried cheese (on medium heat for both pans).
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to the pan for the patties and 1 cup of olive to the pan for the fried cheese.
- Sprinkle all-purpose flour onto a plate and lightly coat your provolone cheese.
- Add coated provolone cheese into corn starch mixture, making sure it’s completely covered, then add the cheese to the heated pan. Cook cheese for 3 minutes on each side.
- Cook beef patties for 3 minutes on each side.
- Add lettuce and tomato to the kaiser bun then stack a patty, cheese, and second patty.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 780
- Fat: 24.7g
Keywords: Double Burger With Fried Cheese, Double Burger, Double Cheeseburger