Sometimes when I can’t decide what I want, I get a little creative. And typically my creation process begins with combining two of my favorites—and in this instance, two of my game time go-to meals. I can always go for some good buffalo wings and there are times when I just want a big juicy chicken sandwich.
This burger recipe is the ultimate pre-game manwich, AKA the Double Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Burger.
Ground chicken is a great alternative to use when you want to go beyond the normal chicken breast sandwich. Beef burgers deliver on that juiciness we crave and ground chicken (blended with an egg to ensure moisture is maintained) delivers in the same way.
The parsley flakes help brighten the flavor while the grated Parmesan cheese gives it a splash of grittiness. The buffalo sauce you choose to cover this bad boy with can make a huge difference so I suggest you go with a personal favorite; if you have one.
If you are able to locate a Tiger Bread loaf you will not regret that choice, but if you aren’t able to locate it French Bread will work just fine. I think any bread slightly toasted with butter can win me over any day regardless. Am I right? When your appetite is ready for the challenge of a moist great tasting Double Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Burger give this one a try and let me know what you think!
- 1-1/2 lb Ground Chicken
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1 Large Organic Egg
- 1 tbsp Parsley Flakes
- 4 Slices Provolone Cheese
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 Loaf Tiger Bread or French Bread
- Begin by breaking down the ground chicken and adding to a large bowl. Add Grated Parmesan Cheese, Parsley Flakes, Black Pepper, Sea Salt, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Oregano and Egg and mix well with hands. Form mixed chicken meat into large meatballs then form into patties and set to side.
- Pre-heat cooking pan to medium heat then add 1 tbsp of butter to hot pan. Cook each patty for 3 to 4 minutes on each side then place in a separate large baking pan.
- Cover cooked patties with buffalo sauce then top off with provolone cheese. Place in pre-heated oven at 400 degrees until cheese is melted.
- Slice bread to desired thickness. Spread butter on one side. Place in oven on broil until bread begins to brown. Remove from oven.
- Place patties between two slices of bread and serve hot.
Having hands slightly wet helps keep the ground chicken from sticking to hands.