The Classic Manhattan blends sweet vermouth with bitters and the strength of a Rye whiskey…
If you’ve had a long week and you’re looking for a good strong drink to get your Friday night started, this Double Old Fashioned Cocktail will transition your mind to a place of relaxation.
I am officially becoming a huge fan of great whiskey cocktails. The bourbon whiskey mixed with the sweetness of the simple syrup and orange bitters tastes fantastic together.
The Old Fashioned cocktail has been around since the 1800s and as history tells us, it will be around for a long time. James Pepper is known to be the creator of this recipe and it hails from a New York City hotel bar.
Tips when making the Double Old Fashioned Cocktail:
- When making this cocktail you can’t forget and the orange peel. The orange peel is like the cherry on top and definitely enhances the flavor.
- This isn’t a typical cocktail that gets added to a shaker with ice; you will only need to stir.
- The type of whiskey you choose for this recipe will make a big difference so choose wisely or go with a preferred brand. I tend to lean more towards bourbons with a hint of sweetness that has a higher than average proof (for the extra stiffness I enjoy).
- I also make my simple syrup with turbinado cane sugar. It results in a thicker syrup.
This is a go-to in my home so be sure to add this Double Old Fashioned Cocktail to your bar menu. Be prepared to have a great night, but remember to always be safe and don’t drink and drive. Enjoy!
If you enjoy whiskey cocktails, you’ll also love:Print
This Double Old Fashioned Cocktail blends bourbon whiskey with the sweetness of the turbinado simple syrup and orange bitters for a well balanced drink.
- 4 oz Bourbon Whiskey
- 4 Dashes West Indian Orange Bitters
- 3 tbsp Turbinado Cane Sugar
- 3 tbsp Water
- 1 Whole Orange
- 1 Large Ice Cube
- Begin by creating the simple syrup: Mix the turbinado cane sugar and water in a separate glass and stir until blended well.
- Pour the bourbon whiskey into a round drinking glass. Add orange bitter and 2 tbsp of simple syrup to the drinking glass and stir until blended well. Add your large ice cube and cut a piece of orange rind from your orange add to the glass and serve.
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Mixed
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 366
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 21mg
- Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 23.8g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Double Old Fashioned Cocktail, Old Fashioned Cocktail, Old Fashioned, Old Fashioned Drink