When you become a whiskey lover such as myself, you start to understand and appreciate the differences between whiskey and whisky. Long story short, the difference in the two types is more about the origin and where the liquor comes from. Today I will focus more on the Scotland region, the birthplace of whisky, and one particular brand called Highland Park.
This whisky cocktail is called Freya’s Wheels of Fury. I’m a little unclear on the actual origin of this cocktail, but I would like to give thanks to whoever created this delicious adult beverage. 🙂
The flavors of this cocktail begin with the whisky being used, called Highland Park 12 Year Single Malt Scotch. Highland Park has mastered the balance between sweetness and smokiness which takes this brand to the top of my list.
Making the Freya’s Wheels Of Fury Cocktail:
- Add ice to the cocktail shaker.
- The heavy 2 oz. our of Highland Park 12 Year Single Malt Scotch should follow.
- Then add the apple juice, lemon juice, agave nectar, and Cointreau to the mix.
- The ingredients give this cocktail the ideal sweetness with a hint of citrus.
- Quick note when making this cocktail: When you’re topping it off with the ginger ale, you can add as much as desired based on your personal preference.
The next time you looking for a refreshing drink to cheers with, give this Freya’s Wheels Of Fury Cocktail a try. Cheers!Print
Freya’s Wheels Of Fury, a whisky cocktail with Highland Park Scotch Whisky as the base, blended with Cointreau, apple juice, lemon juice, and agave nectar.
- 2 oz Highland Park 12 Year Old Single Matl Scotch Whiksy
- .25 oz Cointreau
- 1 oz Apple Juice
- .5 oz Lemon Juice
- .5 oz Agave Syrup
- 1 oz Ginger Ale
- Grated Cinnamon
- Add all ingredients to shaker tin. Add ice and shake.
- Strain over fresh ice into Collins glass.
- Top off 1 oz of ginger ale.
- Garnish with grated cinnamon.
- Category: Cocktail
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: Scotch Whisky
- Calories: 208
- Sugar: 35.2g
- Sodium: 18mg
- Carbohydrates: 40.3g
- Protein: .3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: cocktail, whisky cocktail, Highland Park whisky, Freya’s Wheels Of Fury