I can’t think of a better seafood option that I enjoy more than smoked salmon. It’s one of those dishes (or ingredients, in the case of this recipe) that once I had it for the first time, I was never able to get that flavor out of my mind. I had to figure out a way to incorporate that into a recipe that went far beyond serving it solo. So, today I bring to you my version of a Smoked Salmon Sushi Burrito.
The texture you get from smoked salmon is like no other because this fish is very moist and the thin cut slices are packed with deliciousness. Because the salmon is already “cooked”, churning out this delicious burrito is fairly simple and the cooking time is minimal.
Making the Smoked Salmon Sushi Burrito w/ Spicy Mayo:
- It begins with the sushi rice and that is a very hands-on step. First, you will need to cook the sushi rice according to the instructions, then make a vinegar mixture.
- Once the rice is cooked, you’ll need to add the rice vinegar mixture and fold it into the rice. This helps the rice to become slightly “sticky” which is needed to hold the burrito together.
- The spicy mayo is the glue that brings this dish into perfect harmony so be prepared for a flavor punch!
- I chose to go with seaweed wraps, but you can also go with rice or soy paper wraps if you prefer.
- When layering your sushi, leave an inch of your edge uncovered to allow the edges burrito to hold together tightly; ultimately forming a large sushi roll.
- Make sure you place the wrap inside of a sushi roller mat. It will make the entire experience easier.
When you want to add a little fun to your typical dinner night or you’re looking for a creative (and quick) lunch idea, give this Smoked Salmon Sushi Burrito a try and you will truly enjoy it.Print
A Smoked Salmon Sushi Burrito made with cucumber, avocado, smoked salmon, and spicy mayo. Perfect for a quick daytime snack, lunch, or dinner.
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Cucumber
- 12 oz. Smoked Salmon
- 3 Seaweed wraps
- 1 cup Sushi Rice
- 1/4 cup Rice Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1/3 cup Mayo
- 1 tsp Sriracha Sauce
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 2 Dash Red Cayenne Pepper
- Begin by rinsing your rice at least 3 times with cold water. Drain. Cook the rice according to the instructions then allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl add the rice vinegar, salt and sugar and microwave for 30 seconds. Add cooked rice and pour vinegar mixture over rice. Fold together.
- Chop your cucumber and avocado into long pieces. Set to the side.
- In a small bowl, add all ingredients for the spicy mayo and whisk together until smooth.
- Place the seaweed wrap onto the sushi roll mat and begin adding rice into the wrap evenly leaving an inch at the bottom edge.
- Add the spicy mayo in the center of the rice along with the sliced avocado, cucumber and smoked salmon.
- Slightly wet the edges of the seaweed wrap. Roll the sushi burrito into a roll using the roller mat.
- Cut the sushi roll diagonally at the center. Serve immediately.
Keep a small bowl of cold water and wet fingers when adding rice with hands to make sure they don’t stick to the rice.
- Category: Sushi
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 614
- Sugar: 2.1g
- Sodium: 243mg
- Carbohydrates: 61.3g
- Protein: 27.9g
- Cholesterol: 57mg
Keywords: Smoked Salmon Sushi Burrito, Salmon Sushi Burrito, Smoked Salmon Sushi Roll, Salmon Roll, Salmon Burrito