Layered with truffle sauce, three types of cheese, and a medley of mushrooms, this Truffle Mushroom White Pizza takes pizza night from casual to upscale.
If I were a betting man I would be willing to state for the record that this pizza would be a top seller in any pizza parlor! This recipe has slowly moved to the top spot after successfully perfecting my white truffle sauce.
Every Friday night in my home has been deemed pizza night. It’s the perfect meal to enjoy as a family after a long week in the office. And I find no matter what toppings I pile on, whether I keep it simple or grand, it’s always a sure winner.
If you’re a mushroom lover such as myself, the multiple varieties of mushroom combined with the rich flavors from the truffle and sauce will have you thinking about this pizza just as often as I do. A cheesy mushroom pizza has always been a favorite of mine.
How to Make Truffle Mushroom Pizza:
Mushroom flavors can range from very mild, like a white button mushroom, to the more intense flavors you would find in a shiitake variety. For this recipe, I used a pre-sliced medley of fresh mushrooms — white button, baby bella, portabella, shiitake, and oyster.
The mushrooms are simply prepared using olive oil, minced garlic, and a bit of truffle salt. Cook them down for a few minutes and set them to the side so you can focus on the sauce.
With truffle sauce, you switch the traditional pizza sauce for something creamier and less acidic. Combine butter, flour, heavy whipping cream, parmesan cheese, paprika, black pepper, and black truffle sauce, stir, and cook for a few minutes.
I know, I know, truffle condiments can be expensive. But when you want to make something special, you can come up with an excuse to splurge a little. Am I right?
Below are the truffle condiments I use (I am not an affiliate of this brand). These can be found at your local Williams Sonoma:
The most time-confusing part of making pizza is typically the pizza dough. I highly suggest buying fresh dough from your local grocer.
Once you’ve shaped the dough, spread the truffle sauce evenly leaving the edges free of sauce. Start layering your pizza with Fontina Cheese, followed by a layer of cooked mushrooms, then the third layer of shredded mozzarella. Finish off with the remaining mushrooms. Sprinkle the parsley flakes and black truffle oil over the top of the pizza before sliding it into the oven.
Make this Black Truffle Mushroom White Pizza any day of the week and be prepared to enjoy a
great fancy meal.
Here are a few more tasty (meatless) pizza ideas:
- Four Cheese Pizza With Crushed Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- Veggie Lovers Pizza
- Mexican Taco Pizza
- Roasted Garlic & Spinach Parmesan Pizza
- Florentine Pizza with a Basil Pesto Crust
If I were a betting man I would be willing to state for the record that this Black Truffle Mushroom White Pizza would be a top seller in any pizza parlor!
- 1 lb. Fresh Pizza Dough
- 8 oz. Fresh White Mushrooms
- 8 oz. Fresh Mushroom Medley Mixture
- 1/2 lb. Fontina Cheese Block
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp. Black Truffle Oil
- 1 tsp. Black Truffle Sauce
- 1/2 tsp. Black Truffle Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 3 tbsp. Butter
- 2 tbsp. All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Pastry Flour
- Spread pastry flour over kitchen counter top. Place the fresh dough onto flour and begin to shape dough into a circle using hands. Finish shaping and flattening with roller then place on pizza pan.
- Pre-heat cooking pan to medium heat and add olive oil. Add minced garlic and allow to cook for 1 minute then add the mushrooms. Spread black truffle sea salt over the mushrooms and cook for 4 to 5 minutes then set to the side.
- In that same cooking pan add 3 tbsp butter, 2 tbsp flour and let them cook together until it begins to bind. Add heavy whipping cream, parmesan cheese, paprkia, black pepper and black truffle sauce, then stir and cook for a few minutes.
- Spread the sauce evenly over the pizza dough leaving the edges uncovered.
- Cut the Fontina Cheese block into slices and spread over the top of the sauce. Spread the cooked mushrooms evenly over to the top of the cheese and sauce leaving a handful to top off with.
- Spread the shredded mozzarella cheese over the mushrooms then top off with the rest of the mushrooms. Sprinkle the parsley flakes and black truffle oil over the top of the pizza.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and cook pizza for 18 minutes.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 535
- Fat: 37.6g
Keywords: Truffle Mushroom White Pizza, Truffle Pizza, Mushroom Pizza, White Pizza