I absolutely love pizza nights and look forward to them as much as I look forward to the weekend. When I make my pizzas my goal is to always use fresh ingredients. And this Tomato Florentine Pizza is made with just that — fresh mozzarella, roasted tomatoes, and fresh spinach. Simple, but delicious!
This pizza is full of fresh veggies with a buttery crust that adds a nice finishing touch to each bite. The additional butter and basil pesto mix that spans the crust will have you singing “That’s Amore!”. Although very simple to prepare, it has a very authentic taste.
How to Make Tomato Florentine Pizza:
- Begin your pizza-making experience with the foundation of every pizza — the dough.
- Chop your tomatoes into slices and cut your mozzarella cheese blocks.
- Spread your pizza sauce evenly over the top of the dough leaving the edges uncovered.
- Layer your ingredients over the top and bake for 18 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Once your pizza is almost on its way out of the oven start working on your pesto mixture.
- Once you remove your pizza from the oven, spread your pesto mixture over the edge.
I am typically a meat and cheese kind of guy when it comes to pizza nights but this Tomato Florentine Pizza has upgraded my pizza palate. I think any food that contains the name “Florentine” is probably something that is going to be pretty tasty. No?
Looking for more pizza ideas? Check out these recipes:
- Mexican Taco Pizza
- Cajun Chicken Sausage Deep Dish Pizza Pie
- Roasted Garlic and Spinach Parmesan Pizza
- Italian Beef and Pepperoni Stromboli
- Cheeseburger Pizza