I absolutely love pizza nights and look forward to them as much as I look forward to the weekend. When I make my pizzas my goal is to always use fresh ingredients. And this Tomato Florentine Pizza is made with just that — fresh mozzarella, roasted tomatoes, and fresh spinach. Simple, but delicious!
This pizza is full of fresh veggies with a buttery crust that adds a nice finishing touch to each bite. The additional butter and basil pesto mix that span the crust will have you singing “That’s Amore!”. Although very simple to prepare, it has a very authentic taste.
Making the Tomato Florentine Pizza:
- Begin your pizza-making experience with the foundation of every pizza — the dough.
- Chop your tomatoes into slices and cut your mozzarella cheese blocks.
- Spread your pizza sauce evenly over the top of the dough leaving the edges uncovered.
- Layer your ingredients over the top and bake for 18 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Once your pizza is almost on it’s way out of the oven start working on your pesto mixture.
- Once you remove your pizza from the oven, spread your pesto mixture over the edge.
I am typically a meat and cheese kind of guy when it comes to pizza nights but this Tomato Florentine Pizza has upgraded my pizza palate. I think any food that contains the name “Florentine” is probably something that is going to be pretty tasty. No?Print
Tomato Florentine Pizza made with fresh mozzarella, roasted tomatoes, and fresh spinach will leave you with an empty pizza rack at the end of the night!
- 1 lb. Fresh Pizza Dough
- 1 cup Organicville Organic Pizza Sauce
- 5 oz. Fresh Leaf Spinach
- 1 lb. Fresh Mozzarella Cheese Block
- 1/2 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 Whole Tomatoes Sliced
- 1 tbsp. Basil Pesto
- 1 tbsp. Butter
- 1/3 cup Pastry Flour
- Spread pastry flour over kitchen counter top. Place the fresh dough onto flour and begin to shape dough into a circle using hands. Finish shaping and flattening with roller.
- Spread your pizza sauce evenly over the crust.
- Cut your mozzarella cheese into thick slices and spread evenly over the pizza sauce. Add your sliced tomatoes and fresh spinach over the top of the cheese. Top off with shredded mozzarella and bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 18 minutes.
- While pizza is baking, add butter and basil pesto into a small bowl and microwave until melted and stir. Spread the butter and basil pesto mixture over the crust and serve after cooling.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 319
- Sugar: 0.6g
- Sodium: 389mg
- Fat: 1.5g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 5.9g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
Keywords: Tomato Florentine Pizza, Tomato Pizza, Florentine Pizza