When you’re in the mood for some good and “easy to make” Mexican food this Chicken Fajita Bowl is a great choice. By creating the fajita seasonings from scratch, you can adjust the flavors according to you liking giving you a lot flexibility when it comes to the chicken.
Combining black beans, rice and perfectly seasoned chicken together you will find this dish to be a quick and easy dinner idea that works every time. Top it off with fresh avocado, guacamole, sour cream, pico de gallo, cheese, or salsa to have it your way.
- 1 lb. Boneless Chicken Breast
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 1 can Black Beans
- 1 Avocado, Sliced
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Sugar
- 1/4 tsp. Red Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp. Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp. Pico De Gallo
- 1 cup Shredded Mexican Mixed Cheese
1. Cook Basmati Rice according to instructions.
2. While rice is cooking, cut the avocado in half and remove the shell the slice avocado into small slices. Set aside.
3. In a small pot cook black beans on low heat until beans are tender.
4. In a small bowl, add chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, sugar, sea salt, oregano, onion powder, ground cumin and red pepper then mix together.
5. Cut the chicken breast long ways and season chicken breast cutlets both sides and rub seasoning onto the chicken.
6. Pre-heat cooking pan to medium heat and add 3 tbsp of olive oil and 2 tbsp of butter.
7. Cook each chicken breast for 4 minutes on each side.
8. Once the chicken in done, slice the chicken breast into small chunks and set to the side.
9. Layer your serving bowl with rice, black beans, cooked chicken breast chunks, cheese, pico de gallo, sour cream and sliced avocado then serve.