Looking for a crunchy fish sandwich that delivers on flavor? Then my Crispy Fried Fish Sandwich recipe is what you crave!
This sandwich recipe was sparked from wanting a fried fish sandwich, but with a crispier crust. So I added Ritz crackers with Panko breadcrumbs and came up with this Crispy Fried Fish Sandwich masterpiece.
For the buns, I went pretzel-style. Pretzel buns are doughy, chewy, and soft and taste just like those over-sized pretzels you get when you go to the carnival or an amusement park. They are perfect for any type of sandwich. A quick toasting in the oven and they are ready to go.
Once you coat the fish and shake off the excess, the fish can be fried the perfect golden brown. I love the buttery and rich flavors from the Ritz cracker and adding that crust to a white fish gives this sandwich an upgrade.
I prefer to make my own tarter sauce and after you start making your own at home, you’ll never go back to the store-bought kind. A few simple ingredients (mayo, dill relish, lemon juice, black pepper, paprika, Creole seasoning, and garlic powder) become the creamy layer this sandwich will need.
If you’re looking for a not-so-fast food fish sandwich this Crispy Fried Fish Sandwich will be there waiting for your taste buds.
Here are a few more sandwich recipes you can enjoy:
- Chicken Parmesan Sandwich
- Italian Grilled Chicken Panini Sandwich
- Crispy BBQ Chicken Strip Sandwich
- Brisket Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Italian Meatball Sub Sandwich
- Cajun Chicken Sausage Po Boy
Looking for a crunchy fish sandwich that delivers on flavor? Then my Crispy “Ritz” Fried Fish Sandwich recipe is what you crave!
- 1 lb Fresh Cod Fish
- 10 Ritz Crackers
- 1/4 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 Large Organic Egg
- 1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4 Pack Pretzel Buns
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Creole Seasoning
For the Tartar Sauce:
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip Mayo
- 2 tsp. Dill Relish
- 1/4 tsp. Creole Seasoning
- 2 tsp. Lemon Juice
- Dash Garlic Powder
- Dash Paprika
- Dash Black Pepper
- Begin by cutting the cod into 4 pieces and season fish with sea salt, black pepper and Creole seasoning.
- Add Ritz crackers into a small zip lock bag and crush into crumbs. Place crushed Ritz crackers and panko breadcrumbs into a bowl.
- Add egg and heavy whipping cream into a separate bowl and whisk together.
- Pre-heat cooking pan to medium heat and add oil to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Dip the fish into the egg mixture then place in the breadcrumb bowl and coat the fish completely. Cook the fish for 3 to 4 minutes on each side depending on the thickness of the fish.
- Once done, allow to cool then serve between pretzel buns and add sliced cheese and pickles (optional).
In a bowl, add miracle whip mayo, dill relish, lemon juice, black pepper, paprika, Creole seasoning and garlic powder then mix until blended well.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Fried
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 535
- Fat: 25.9
Keywords: Crispy Fried Fish Sandwich, Fried Fish Sandwich, Fried Cod Sandwich