Can I get a show of hands of who wants to enjoy this Brisket + Grilled Cheese Sandwich? Yes, please!
I would like to start off by saying who doesn’t love a good grilled cheese sandwich and when you can throw some good barbecue brisket in the mix it takes this delicacy to a new level. This may be on of the first things we learn how to cook as a kid. Growing up with limited ingredients at hand grilled cheese sandwiches were always a hit for me and my siblings. Now that I’m an adult I had to figure out a way to make a serious upgrade to this childhood delight and brisket was calling my name. Grilled cheese sandwiches with American cheese is the all-time classic but when you throw in three different types of cheese it can raise a few eyebrows. Just the thought taking a bite into a sandwich that had Smoked Cheddar, Mozzarella and Pepper Jack Cheese puts a big smile on my face. Brisket takes time and patience to cook properly but if you are short on time you can always go with your favorite local barbeque restaurant to provide the brisket for this recipe.
For this sandwich, I paired some fresh Authentic French Brioche bread with three different types of cheese along with a quarter pound of smoked barbecue brisket and it came out great. You will begin this recipe by slicing your Brioche bread loaf into the desired thickness of each slice. Place your brisket on a cutting board and chop it into chunky pieces then set to the side. Add one slice of all three cheeses to each slice of bread. Place a handful of brisket on one side and place the other bread slice on top. Heat your cooking pan to medium heat then add butter. Once the butter melts cook this sandwich for 3 to 4 minutes each side until the cheese melts. Remove from heat then slice down the middle and serve immediately.
If you are a grilled cheese connoisseur, this grilled cheese will satisfy all of your needs – IF you can take this bad boy down because it is a big one! If you have any issues getting the kids to eat allow them to see all the cheesy goodness coming from this sandwich and they will change their mind instantly. This Brisket Grilled Cheese Sandwich is perfect for any occasion on any day of the week. Enjoy!
Looking for more ways to use brisket? Check out these recipes:
- Fully Loaded Brisket Tater Tots
- BBQ Brisket Twice Baked Potato
- BBQ Brisket Pizza
- Brisket Mac and Cheese
Brisket + Grilled Cheese Sandwich? Yes, please!
- 1 Authentic French Brioche Bread Loaf
- 1/2 lb. Barbecue Brisket
- 4 slices Smoked Cheddar Cheese
- 4 slices Pepper Jack Cheese
- 4 slices Mozzarella Cheese
- 3 tbsp. Butter
1. Begin by cutting the French Brioche bread into thick slices.
2. Chop the brisket into medium-sized chunks.
3. Add 1 slice each of pepper jack cheese, mozzarella cheese and smoked cheddar cheese onto each slice of bread.
4. Top one half of the bread with chopped brisket.
5. Pre-heat cooking pan to medium heat then add butter.
6. After layering the sandwich, cook the sandwich covered for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted.
7. Note: If your bread is browned to the desired color and the cheese isn’t melted, place the sandwich in the oven for a few minutes until cheese has melted at 350 degrees.
8. Serve hot.
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 1483
- Fat: 56.3
Keywords: Brisket Grilled Cheese Sandwich, Grilled Cheese Sandwich, Adult Grilled Cheese Sandwich