If you’re a burger lover, this Mushroom and Swiss Slider recipe will give you a new way to enjoy this American favorite. There is just something special about the combination of caramelized onions, Swiss cheese, and mushrooms that change the conversation. And let’s not forget about the spicy “secret sauce.”
Sliders are a great way to enjoy an excellent burger without the pressure of eating a whole one.
The caramelized onions and the “secret sauce” take these sliders over the top like Walter Payton diving into the end zone for the game-winning score.
And given that I’m always up to creating a new recipe, I figured why not my version of the secret sauce that some well-known burger giant is famous for?
A quick tidbit…did you know the slider concept was made popular by the White Castle restaurant franchise? The funny thing is I’ve never had one. Lol.
Ingredients you’ll need for your sliders:
- To make the caramelized onions, you’ll need two ingredients, chopped yellow onions, and butter. Caramelizing onions takes a while (typically around 30 minutes and sometimes longer), but it is worth it.
- The mushrooms will also saute in butter, but only for 5 minutes until they are nice and golden brown.
- For the patties, you’ll need ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, cream of mushroom, and a slew of seasonings (ground cumin, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, and sea salt).
- You can’t make mushroom and swiss sliders without Swiss cheese, and for the buns, we use regular slider buns, but I’ve found Hawaiian rolls to work great too.
- The spicy secret sauce is a quick combination of mayo, ketchup, paprika, sriracha, red pepper, black pepper, sea salt, and garlic powder.
How to make mushroom swiss burger sliders:
- Begin this process by chopping your onions into small pieces and sauteing them in butter until they become translucent. This process will take around 25-30 minutes.
- Cook your fresh mushrooms until they are tender, and set them to the side.
- The seasoning is essential for any burger, so once you add your ground beef to a bowl, add your seasonings evenly and mix well with your hands before placing them in the skillet. This recipe will make 8 patties.
- The sauce is the secret ingredient that brings everything together. Place all the secret sauce ingredients into a bowl and whisk together until smooth.
- If you prefer, quickly toast your slider buns with butter for added texture and flavor.
- Build your sliders and serve them up!
This burger recipe is great for large gatherings when inviting guests over for the big game or quiet nights at home. When you want a burger night that is a true win-win across the board, give these mushroom swiss Sliders a spot on your dinner table. Enjoy!
Check out a few of my other slider recipes:Print