If you’re a burger lover this Mushroom & Swiss Slider recipe will give you a new way to enjoy this American favorite. There is just something special about the combination of Swiss cheese and mushrooms that changes the conversation. Plus, sliders are a great way to enjoy an awesome burger without the pressure of eating a whole one.
The caramelized onions and the “secret sauce” take these sliders over the top like Walter Payton diving into the end zone for the game-winning score. Given that I’m always up to create a new recipe, I figured why not my own version.
A quick tidbit…did you know the slider concept was made popular by the White Castle restaurant franchise?
How to Make Mushroom & Swiss Sliders:
- Begin this process by chopping your onions into small pieces and sauteing them in butter until they become translucent.
- Cook your fresh mushrooms until they are tender and set them to the side.
- The seasoning is very important for any burger, so once you add your ground beef to a bowl add your seasonings evenly and mix together well with hands before placing in the cooking pan.
- The sauce is the secret ingredient that brings everything together. Place all of the secret sauce ingredients into a bowl a whisk together until smooth.
- The soft mini Hawaiian buns aid in making this recipe a household favorite.
- Build your sliders then serve hot.
This burger recipe is great for large gatherings when inviting guests over for the big game or quiet nights at home. When you want a burger night that is a true win-win across the board give these Mushroom & Swiss Sliders a spot on your dinner table. Enjoy!
Check out a few of my other slider recipes:Print
If you love burgers, these Mushroom & Swiss Sliders will be your new fave. There’s something special about the combination of Swiss cheese and mushrooms.
- 1 1/2 lb. Ground Beef
- 1 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 tsp. Cream of Mushroom
- 1/2 Onion Chopped
- 8 Slices Swiss Cheese
- 4 Hawaiian Bread Sweet Rolls
For the Secret Sauce:
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 3 tsp. Ketchup
- 1/4 tsp. Paprika
- 1/4 tsp. Hot Sriracha
- Dash Red Pepper
- Dash Black Pepper
- Dash Sea Salt
- Dash Garlic Powder
- Cut your onion in half and chop into small pieces. Add 1 tbsp of butter to medium-low heated pan. Add onion and cook for 10 minutes until they begin to brown and become translucent. Set to the side when done.
- Add 1 tbsp of butter into a separate cooking pan on medium heat and cook fresh mushrooms for 5 minutes. Set to the side when done.
- In a medium sized bowl, break your ground beef into small pieces. Add ground cumin, paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, worcestershire sauce, cream of mushroom, sea salt and black pepper then mix all ingredients well using hands.
- Pre-heat large skillet to medium heat.
- Form your ground beef into 8 meat balls then flatten them into patties. Add the patties to large skillet cooking for 4 minutes on each side. Once you flip the patties, add the Swiss cheese slices to each patty and cover until cheese melts. Once cooked, set to side and allow to cool.
- For the secret sauce, add miracle whip, ketchup, red pepper, hot sriracha sauce, sea salt, black pepper and garlic powder in a small bowl and stir until blended.
- For each Hawaiian sweet roll, add a patty, cooked onions, another patty, cooked mushrooms and top off with secret sauce then serve.
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 658
- Sugar: 17.1g
- Sodium: 678mg
- Fat: 35.4g
- Carbohydrates: 44.7g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Protein: 75.7g
- Cholesterol: 237mg
Keywords: Mushroom & Swiss Sliders, Mushroom & Swiss Mini Burgers, Mini Burgers