If you are a burger lover this slider recipe will have you craving for it quite often. There is just something special about the combination of Swiss cheese and mushrooms. The caramelized onions and the secret sauce take these sliders over the top like Walter Payton diving into the end zone for the game winning score.
Mushroom & Swiss SlidersEric
Pin255 Share44 Tweet Yum FlipShares 299If you are a burger lover this slider recipe will have you craving for it quite often. There is just something special about the combination of Swiss cheese and mushrooms. The caramelized onions and the secret sauce take these sliders over the top like Walter Payton diving into the end zone for the game winning score. Pin255 Share44 Tweet Yum FlipShares 299Print This
- 1 1/2 lb. Ground Beef
- 1 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 tsp. Cream of Mushroom
- 1/2 Onion Chopped
- 8 Slices Swiss Cheese
- 4 Hawaiian Bread Sweet Rolls
- For the Secret Sauce:
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 3 tsp. Ketchup
- 1/4 tsp. Paprika
- 1/4 tsp. Hot Sriracha
- Dash Red Pepper
- Dash Black Pepper
- Dash Sea Salt
- Dash Garlic Powder
1. Cut your onion in half and chop into small pieces.
2. Add 1 tbsp of butter to medium-low heated pan. Add onion and cook for 10 minutes until they begin to brown and become translucent. Set to the side when done.
3. Add 1 tbsp of butter into a separate cooking pan on medium heat and cook fresh mushrooms for 5 minutes. Set to the side when done.
4. In a medium sized bowl, break your ground beef into small pieces.
5. Add ground cumin, paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, worcestershire sauce, cream of mushroom, sea salt and black pepper then mix all ingredients well using hands.
6. Pre-heat large skillet to medium heat.
7. Form your ground beef into 8 meat balls then flatten them into patties.
8. Add the patties to large skillet cooking for 4 minutes on each side.
9. Once you flip the patties, add the Swiss cheese slices to each patty and cover until cheese melts.
10. Once cooked, set to side and allow to cool.
11. For the secret sauce, add miracle whip, ketchup, red pepper, hot sriracha sauce, sea salt, black pepper and garlic powder in a small bowl and stir until blended.
12. For each Hawaiian sweet roll, add a patty, cooked onions, another patty, cooked mushrooms and top off with secret sauce then serve.