If you're a burger lover this Mushroom & Swiss Slider recipe will give you a new way to enjoy this American favorite. There is just something special about the combination of Swiss cheese and mushrooms that changes the conversation. Plus, sliders are a great way to enjoy an awesome burger without the pressure of eating a whole one.
The caramelized onions and the "secret sauce" take these sliders over the top like Walter Payton diving into the end zone for the game-winning score. Given that I'm always up to create a new recipe, I figured why not my own version.
A quick tidbit...did you know the slider concept was made popular by the White Castle restaurant franchise?
How to Make Mushroom & Swiss Sliders:
- Begin this process by chopping your onions into small pieces and sauteing them in butter until they become translucent.
- Cook your fresh mushrooms until they are tender and set them to the side.
- The seasoning is very important for any burger, so once you add your ground beef to a bowl add your seasonings evenly and mix together well with hands before placing in the cooking pan.
- The sauce is the secret ingredient that brings everything together. Place all of the secret sauce ingredients into a bowl a whisk together until smooth.
- The soft mini Hawaiian buns aid in making this recipe a household favorite.
- Build your sliders then serve hot.
This burger recipe is great for large gatherings when inviting guests over for the big game or quiet nights at home. When you want a burger night that is a true win-win across the board give these Mushroom & Swiss Sliders a spot on your dinner table. Enjoy!
Check out a few of my other slider recipes:Print