The combination of anything sweet and sticky will get the attention of anyone with a sweet tooth. Teaming it together with chicken and waffles to create my Sweet and Sticky Chicken Waffle Sliders is fun food at its best.
The chicken is amazingly crispy with the perfect crunch and the honey sauce tops it all off. There’s a little heat mixed in there as well serving as an element of surprise. Turn your meal into an adventure with this sweet and sticky dinnertime (or game day) treat.
Sweet & Sticky Chicken Waffle SlidersEric
Pin336 Share49 Tweet Yum FlipShares 385The combination of anything sweet and sticky will get the attention of anyone with a sweet tooth. Teaming it together with chicken and waffles to create my Sweet and Sticky Chicken Waffle Sliders is fun food at its best. The chicken is amazingly crispy with the perfect crunch and the honey sauce tops it all off. There’s a little heat mixed in there as well serving as an element of surprise. Turn your meal into an adventure with this sweet and sticky dinnertime (or game day) treat. Pin336 Share49 Tweet Yum FlipShares 385Print This
- For the Chicken Breast:
- 1 lb. Boneless Chicken Breast
- 1 and 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Pancake Mix
- 1 tsp. Ground All Spice
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 2 Large Organic Eggs
- 3/4 cup Buttermilk
- For the Sticky Honey Sauce:
- 3 tbsp. Butter
- 2 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp. Cornstarch
- 1 tsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Pure Honey
- 1/2 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp. All Purpose Flour
- For the Waffles:
- 1 and 1/2 cup Pancake Mix
- 2 Large Organic Eggs Separated
- 1 and 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Milk
- For the Honey Mustard Sauce:
- 1/3 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 tbsp. Yellow Mustard
- 1 tbsp. DiJon Mustard
- 2 tbsp. Pure Honey
- 1/2 tsp. Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- Dash Red Pepper
1. For the Chicken Breast:
2. Begin by washing the chicken breast and cutting them into 3 pieces.
3. Cut across the width then place a small slice in the top section of the breast. Season chicken with 1 tsp paprika.
4. In two separate large zip lock bags, add 1 cup flour and in the other bag 1/2 cup flour and 1/2 cup pancake mix.
5. In the bag with flour and pancake mix add ground all spice, nutmeg, ground cumin and 1/2 tsp paprika then mix together.
6. In a bowl, combine 2 eggs and 3/4 cup buttermilk then mix together.
7. Pre-heat cooking pan to medium heat and cover bottom of pan with olive oil.
8. Place chicken in flour only bag and coat well.
9. Add chicken to egg mixture coating well.
10. Add chicken to flour and pancake mix bag coating well.
11. Cook chicken for 4 to 5 minutes on each side then set to side.
12. For the Sticky Honey Sauce:
13. Pre-heat a separate cooking pan to low/medium heat and add 3 tbsp butter.
14. Once butter melts add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute then add soy sauce, brown sugar and honey.
15. Add cornstarch, red pepper flakes, balsamic vinegar and flour and stir until it binds then lower heat.
16. Add chicken to a large bowl and pour honey sauce over the cooked chicken coating them well.
17. For the Waffles:
18. In a bowl, add 1 and 1/2 cup pancake mix, the 2 yokes from the separated eggs, vanilla extract, nutmeg, ground cinnamon, buttermilk and milk then whisk together. Do not over blend.
19. Fold the egg into the pancake mixture.
20. Pre-heat waffle maker and cook waffles for 3 to 4 minutes until finished.
21. Once cooked, cut each waffle into small triangle shapes and place chicken inside of two waffle triangles.
22. For the Honey Mustard Sauce:
23. In a small bowl, add miracle whip, yellow mustard, dijon mustard, lemon juice, garlic powder, black pepper, red pepper and honey then mix together until blended well.
24. Once your slider is created, you can add large tooth picks into the top of each slider to hold in place. Serve with honey dipping sauce.