If you are ever in the mood for a really good cheesy pasta dish, paired with flavorful meatballs, this Creamy Chicken Meatball Mac & Cheese recipe will put a smile on the faces of your entire family.
Mac and cheese is such a versatile side dish, it can quickly become a complete meal just by adding a protein like chicken or beef. Lots of parents compromise on certain dinner ideas to appease the kids, but this recipe is for the adults too!
This can also be something great to make when you have any type of gathering or event at your home. I would be willing to bet that your guests will talk about this on the ride home. 🙂
The lean ground chicken allows this meal to not feel so heavy, but the addition makes for a hearty dish.
When making Chicken Meatball Mac & Cheese:
- The ground chicken cooks really fast so be mindful to not overcook the meatballs — no one wants dry meatballs. Right?
- When cooking the sauce, make sure you stir in each ingredient slowly to bring the flavors into harmony. It’s all about that sauce!
This recipe idea is one you can pull out any day of the week and everyone will truly enjoy it. This is definitely a family-style dish so be sure to have plenty of mouths ready to indulge in this Chicken Meatball Mac & Cheese.Print
Creamy Chicken Meatball Mac & Cheese pairs Trottole Pasta with tender chicken meatballs and a creamy cheese sauce for a complete meal your family will love.
- 2 lbs. Lean Ground Chicken
- 16 oz. Organic Trottole Pasta
- 2 cups Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 cups Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1/2 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 6 tbsp. Butter
- 3/4 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp. Cilantro Flakes
- 1 Large Organic Egg
- Spread all purpose flour onto a flat baking pan then set to side.
- In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, parmesan cheese, panko breadcrumbs, 1/2 tsp black pepper, sea salt, garlic powder, oregano, cilantro flakes and egg and blend together with hands.
- Form chicken mixture into small meatballs, roll each meatball into the flour
- Pre-heat large cooking pan on medium heat and add 3 tbsp of butter. Add meatballs to pan. Cook meatballs on each side until brown and set to side when done.
- In a separate cooking pan, pre-heat to medium to low heat and add the other 3 tbsp of butter. Add minced garlic and flour then stir until it begins to bind. Add chicken broth, paprika, 1/2 black pepper and heavy cream, stirring occasionally. Add shredded cheddar and monterey jack cheese. Stir until smooth.
- In a large cooking pot, cook pasta according to instructions and set to side when done.
- In a large bowl, combine the meatballs, pasta, and cheese sauce. Fold ingredients until blended.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 628
- Fat: 44.7g
Keywords: Chicken Meatball Mac & Cheese, Chicken Mac & Cheese