Sometimes my experiments come out just as I envisioned and this recipe idea did just that. My love for roasted poblano pepper resulted in this delight I’ve called the Creamy Chicken Roasted Poblano Pasta.
This pasta dish combines Southwestern seasonings with more robust Mexican flavors (poblano peppers are used heavily in Mexican cuisine). Those flavors are further heightened when you roast the poblano pepper and incorporate it into a creamy style sauce. I call it an explosion of goodness. You will soon feel the same.
Making Creamy Chicken Roasted Poblano Pasta:
- Start with roasting the poblano pepper over an open flame. Since I have a gas stove, this process was fairly simple. You are looking for the pepper to begin bubbling, and become dark and blistered on both sides. I recommend using tongs. Roasting the poblano pepper brings out its smoky and robust flavor profile. Plus, it helps in the removal of the outer skin.
- Butterfly and pan fry your chicken and cut into small chunks. Moist and well-seasoned chicken breast is the glue that makes this dish hard to put down.
- I used Cream of Jalapeno for the sauce, but you can also use Cream of Poblano and it will taste just as good.
- For the pasta, I chose an egg variety. This prevents the “overly full” feeling while indulging in this great dinner idea! One quick tip I do is boiling the pasta last which makes it easier to fold all of the ingredients together.
This pasta is quick and easy to prepare and is equally great days after so you can enjoy it as leftovers. Give this Creamy Chicken Roasted Poblano Pasta a try and you will truly enjoy it!Print
This Creamy Chicken Roasted Poblano Pasta combines, Italian-American, Southwestern and Mexican flavors to create a great pasta dish!
- 12 oz Egg Pasta
- 1 lb Boneless Chicken Breast
- 1 Poblano Pepper
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 3 tsp Goya Adobo Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Salt
For the sauce:
- 3 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Chicken Stock
- 2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 16 oz. Cream of Mushroom
- 16 oz. Cream of Jalapeno
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Goya Adobo Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Sriracha Sauce
- Begin by roasting the Poblano pepper over an open flame on both sides. Set to the side.
- Cut the chicken breast into halves and season both sides with seasonings listed.
- Add 2 tbsp of butter to a cooking pan on medium heat. Cook the chicken on each side for 4 minutes then remove from heat.
- For the sauce, add butter, minced garlic and flour to the cooking pan on medium/low heat. Blend. Stir in the additional chicken stock, cream of mushroom, cream of jalapeno, whipping cream and all remaining seasonings.
- In a separate cooking pot, cook the egg pasta according to instructions. Drain and add to the pot of ingredients.
- Remove the stem and seeds from the Poblano pepper. Chop the pepper and the cooked chicken into pieces and add to the pot of ingredients.
- Fold ingredients together. Simmer and serve hot.
You can also roast your pepper in the oven. Bake in a 450-degree oven for around 20 minutes, until the skins are blackened and blistered, turning occasionally to promote even roasting.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 444
- Sugar: 2.4g
- Sodium: 373mg
- Fat: 22.3g
- Carbohydrates: 36.5g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 24.2g
- Cholesterol: 149mg
Keywords: Chicken Roasted Poblano Pasta, roasted poblano, Roasted Poblano Pasta, chicken and poblano pasta