Honey Peanut Butter Chicken Wings
A flavor trio of honey, peanut butter, and seasoned chicken wings make these Honey Peanut Butter Chicken Wings one of my new favorite game-time snacks. This not-so-typical chicken wing recipe pairs peanut butter-dusted, crispy pan-fried chicken wings with a sweet and savory honey peanut butter flavored “wing sauce” for a new way to enjoy your “wangs”!
Looking for more chicken wing recipes? You should also try my Flaming Hot Buffalo Chicken Wings and Simply Fried Chicken Wings.
Peanut sauce on wings? Yes indeed.
This is definitely not expected, but those sweet and nutty flavors will not leave you hanging.
Peanut butter powder is used to “season” the flour and flavor the sauce. The idea of peanut butter will surprise you because it does not overpower the dish. Sprinkle on crushed peanuts, serve with your favorite dipping sauce, and these chicken wings are ready to go.
Ingredients you’ll need to make these chicken wings:
- There are two sets of ingredients for this recipe — one set is for the chicken, and the other is for the honey peanut butter sauce.
- For the chicken, you’ll need chicken wings, peanut butter powder (one of the brands I use is PB2), all-purpose flour, sea salt, black pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and tarragon.
- For the sauce, you’ll blend peanut butter powder, raw unfiltered honey, butter, minced garlic, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, cumin, sea salt, and black pepper.
How to make the chicken wings:
Before you season the chicken wings, you’ll need to season the flour. To the flour, you’ll add garlic powder and tarragon. I firmly believe in seasoning flour as it goes a long way in layering flavors, especially with chicken.
The chicken wings will then be cut at the joints, seasoned with salt, pepper, and smoked paprika then dusted with a light coating of flour and peanut butter powder. I typically use the organic version of PB2’s peanut butter powder for that deep peanut butter flavor.
Dredging the chicken wings in the seasoned flour mixture will prepare the chicken wings for a quick fry.
Once your oil is nice and hot, dust off any excess flour from your wings and drop them into the oil. They will fry for 8 minutes on each side. You’ll know they’re done when their skin turns a beautiful golden brown.
Now you can start working on your homemade honey peanut butter sauce. You’ll stir together peanut butter powder, honey, butter, minced garlic, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, cumin, salt, and pepper.
After a low-medium cook for 5 minutes, your honey peanut butter sauce is ready to go! Drizzle the sauce right on top of your chicken wings.
Add the peanuts to a food processor (paid link) blending finely to top off the wings for that added texture. It is the perfect finisher to really bring that peanut flavor to the forefront.
These sweet, flavorful wings are perfect for game days — especially when they are dripping in this sauce.
When you want to truly make a good impression on family and friends for your next gatherings, bring these Honey Peanut Butter Chicken Wings out to snack on, and you will have a room full of satisfied people. No doubt.
Honey Peanut Butter Chicken Wings
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 – 6 1x
A trio of honey, peanut butter, and chicken wings make these Honey Peanut Butter Chicken Wings one of my new favorite game-time snacks.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp tarragon
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp peanut butter powder
- 3 – 4 lb. chicken wings
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup peanuts, finely crushed
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup peanut butter powder
- 1/2 cup raw unfiltered honey
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Pour cooking oil up to an inch high in a skillet. Heat oil to medium-high.
- Add flour, peanut butter powder, tarragon, and garlic powder to a large bag and shake. Set to the side.
- Season chicken wings with salt, pepper, and smoked paprika in a large bowl. Coat chicken wings in flour mixture.
- Once the wings are coated well, shake off excess flour mixture and add to hot cooking oil. Cook for 8 minutes per side. Remove from the heat and set to the side.
- In a small cooking pot, add butter on low-medium heat. Cook unt,il melted, then add the peanut butter po,wder, raw, unfiltered honey, minced garlic, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, cumin, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Cook sauce for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Add cooked chicken wings in a large bowl and pour sauce evenly over wings tossing until coated.
- Optional: Add peanuts to a food processor (paid link) and blend finely before sprinkling on top of chicken wings.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Comfort Food
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 781
- Sugar: 24.3g
- Sodium: 1311mg
- Fat: 38.7g
- Carbohydrates: 36.5g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 72g
- Cholesterol: 243mg
Keywords: Honey Peanut Butter Chicken Wings, Peanut Butter Chicken Wings, Peanut Butter Chicken