I grew up loving Mini Sweet Potato Pies so I took a trip back down memory lane to put my twist on a holiday classic. This is one dessert that would always make an appearance at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
And now I find myself enjoying it outside of the holidays; especially when I make it as a mini dessert. It’s perfect for any gathering, they pack well, and most importantly, everyone loves them!
The key to any great sweet potato recipe is the consistency and texture of the resulting filling. It must be velvety smooth and free of any chunks.
A buttery crust is equally important and to make things a little easier, I purchase the mini pie crusts from the frozen section. When all is said and done, you end up with a creamy, sweet, and comforting dessert that is great any day and any time.
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup of butter, melted
- 1/2 cup pure cane syrup
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- Mini pastry shells, frozen
1. Boil sweet potatoes for 30 minutes until softened.
2. Add sweet potatoes and renaming ingredients into a large bowl.
3. Blend all ingredients until smooth and fill into empty pie crusts.
4. Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.