A Southern classic, Mini Sweet Potato Pies are great for the holidays. The perfect dessert with a sweet potato pie filling and buttery crust.
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup of butter, melted
- 1/2 cup pure cane syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp nutmeg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- Mini pastry shells, frozen
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel, slice, and boil sweet potatoes for 30 minutes until softened. If you have more time, you can also bake your sweet potatoes. (See note below)
- In a large bowl, mash sweet potatoes using a potato masher .
- Add the butter, pure cane syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and evaporated milk to the same bowl.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth (around 5 minutes) and place filling into frozen pie crusts.
- Bake for 45 minutes and allow to cool.
You can also bake your sweet potatoes instead of boiling them. Preheat your oven to 350°F. Using a fork, make a few holes on the top of the sweet potato. Place them on a baking sheet and bake them for 1 hour. Allow to cool and peel back the skin.
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 484
- Fat: 20.6g
Keywords: Mini Sweet Potato Pies, Sweet Potato Pies, Sweet Potato Pie