These Roasted Garlic Chicken Sliders layered with smashed roasted garlic and homemade garlic & herb aioli will catch your taste buds off guard!
One thing I love about making burgers is my ability to get creative! I have created my fair share of them all: beef burgers, chicken burgers, seafood burgers, and turkey burgers.
And this version is my latest chicken burger creation — Roasted Garlic Chicken Sliders made with butter & garlic chicken burger patties and topped with Dijon mustard, arugula, roasted garlic, gouda cheese, red onion, and a homemade garlic & herb aioli. If you love garlic, you will love this slider!
Ingredients you will need:
- This burger/slider recipe starts with lean ground chicken. Lean ground chicken can get labeled as slightly dry, but incorporating egg, grated parmesan cheese, and melted butter will most definitely add flavor and moisture.
- The patties are seasoned with red pepper flakes, black pepper, basil flakes, garlic powder, and sea salt.
- The garlic bulbs will roast and be used in three parts of this recipe. They’ll be added to the ground chicken, smashed on the burger itself, and used to make the aioli.
- The fresh red onion will add texture and the Gouda cheese brings this great burger in for a home run.
- For the aioli, you’ll need those roasted garlic bulbs, mayo, parmesan cheese, lemon juice, fresh basil, olive oil, and sea salt.
How to make these chicken sliders:
- You’ll begin by cutting the top portion of the garlic head and coating the bulbs with olive oil before covering them with foil paper. Place the garlic on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Add the ground chicken to a large bowl. Add the basil flakes, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, melted butter, egg, grated parmesan cheese, and two smashed roasted garlic bulbs to the ground chicken mixing well with your hands.
- Form the ground chicken mixture into palm-sized patties and cook at medium-high heat for 4 minutes per side. Add a Gouda cheese slice after flipping the patty over. A quick tip: when working with ground chicken, wear gloves or keep your hands wet. This will help keep the chicken from sticking to your hands.
- Combine all the aioli ingredients and mix.
- Top your sliders with the aioli, a tomato slice, red onion, and arugula.
The combination of flavors you get from each bite of this burger will send you into a place of euphoria. Roasted garlic is not only layered on the burger but it is also smashed inside the patty and added to the aioli. It is a garlic lovers’ paradise.
All the toppings are optional; however, to get all the flavor behind this burger, I highly suggest taking a bite with all ingredients. 🙂Print