When you’re looking for a healthy low-carb or keto meal packed full of flavor, this Roasted Cast Iron Chicken paired with sauteed spinach & mushrooms is the perfect idea.
- 2 Whole Chicken Quarters
- 10 oz. Fresh Leaf Spinach
- 1/4 cup Sherry Cooking Wine
- 1/3 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 tbsp. Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 tsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp. and 1/2 tsp. Minced Garlic, Separated
- 1/2 tsp. Organic Ground Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- 3/4 tsp. Ground Thyme
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Organic Ground White Pepper
- 4 oz. Fresh White Mushrooms
- 5 tbsp. Butter
- Pre-heat cooking pan to medium heat and add 3 tbsp of butter. Season chicken with turmeric and paprika then add 1/2 tsp of the minced garlic into heated pan. Add chicken quarters and brown the skin side for 7 minutes then the back side for 5 minutes. Once done, remove chicken from stove top and set aside.
- Remove most of the excess liquid from pan and add the other 2 tbsp of butter. Add 1 tbsp of minced garlic, sherry cooking wine, white pepper and chicken stock to pan and allow to cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add heavy whipping cream, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, ground thyme and mushrooms (optional) then allow to cook for 2 minutes. Add fresh spinach and dash of garlic powder and allow the spinach to cook down for 2 minutes or until wilted.
- Place the chicken quarters back into the pan with ingredients with the skin side up and remove from heat. Place pan into a pre-heated oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool then serve.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 920
- Fat: 25.1
Keywords: chicken, roasted chicken, chicken and spinach