This Turkey Breakfast Skillet with Chipotle Sauce pairs juicy turkey sausage with tender diced potatoes, veggies, and sunny-side-up eggs for a breakfast packed with flavor! The creamy, smoky homemade chipotle sauce is a delicious addition to this dish.
This is a very fulfilling recipe, but it will also not keep you from getting your day going at full speed!
Peppers and onions combined with turkey sausage and diced hash brown potatoes are a perfectly balanced breakfast. The chipotle sauce is the cherry on top, bringing this recipe together in one bite.
And since you can’t say “breakfast is served” without eggs, this breakfast skillet calls for eggs sunny side up, but if you prefer your eggs prepared differently, don’t hesitate to make this your own!
Ingredients you will need:
- The foundation of this dish is the diced hash brown potatoes. Go the quick and easy route and grab a bag of frozen ad pre-cut diced potatoes.
- The pepper and onion strips are an excellent choice for the veggie component. I can also get this ingredient frozen and pre-cut from my local grocer, but if you want to use fresh green peppers and onions, feel free.
- Sliced turkey sausage is my protein of choice. Other alternatives are chicken or beef sausage.
- You’ll need large organic eggs. I prefer brown eggs, but the choice is yours.
- The seasoning for the breakfast skillet includes chipotle chili pepper, chili powder, onion powder, black pepper, and salt to bring out the flavors.
- The chipotle sauce combines sour cream, Sriracha sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, chipotle chili pepper powder, salt, and black pepper. Drizzle it over the top or serve it on the side.
How to make a breakfast skillet with sausage eggs and potatoes:
- Begin by heating a large cast iron pan over medium heat.
- Add your sliced turkey sausage to the pan and cook for 4 minutes until the turkey sausage is browned.
- Add the frozen peppers and onions and cook for another 4 minutes until the peppers are soft and the onions are slightly translucent.
- Add the frozen diced potatoes, salt, chili powder, onion powder, and black pepper to the cast iron. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- In a separate skillet at medium heat, crack your eggs and cook them sunny side up for 4 minutes until the whites turn opaque. Set them to the side.
- Add sour cream, Sriracha sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, chipotle chili pepper powder, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl. Mix until ingredients are combined.
- Place the eggs on top of the potatoes, onions, and peppers to serve. Enjoy with the chipotle sauce drizzled on top on served on the side.
What can I serve with my breakfast skillet?
- This breakfast skillet can be served with warm flour tortillas to create tasty breakfast tacos.
- Make it a complete breakfast by pairing it with a stack of pancakes or waffles.
- You can also add a few toppings, like guacamole, maple syrup, shredded cheese, salsa, pico de Gallo, diced tomatoes, scallions, or sour cream.
- For a fresh component, serve with a side of fruit or yogurt.
This cast iron breakfast skillet is an easy breakfast idea and is simple enough to transform into an anytime meal.Print