Fettuccine Alfredo with Cajun Chicken
Creamy fettuccini alfredo made with butter, garlic, heavy cream, and plenty of parmesan cheese is topped with Cajun-spiced chicken for a flavorful and easy dinner idea. It’s a tasty spin on a classic dish that is foolproof and ready in no time!
Looking for more easy dinner ideas? Then you’ll love my Easy Yellow Fish Curry, Easy Sweet & Sour Chicken, One-Pan Lime Chicken with Cilantro Rice, or Cheesy Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast.
Pasta nights are always a great idea, and combining tender, Cajun-seasoned chicken with a homemade alfredo cream sauce will surely satisfy everyone. This simple Cajun Chicken Fettucine Alfredo is a certified family favorite any day of the week!
This simple recipe was one of my favorites growing up. There is just something about home alfredo sauce and making it from scratch. It gives you more control of your flavors and allows the fresh ingredients to shine. You won’t believe how quick and easy this sauce is to pull together.
Ingredients you’ll need:
- The boneless chicken breast will be a protein in this recipe; please believe it is tender! You will season the chicken breast simply with Cajun seasoning, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- The homemade alfredo sauce is a creamy combination of heavy whipping cream, grated parmesan cheese, garlic, sage, butter, and flour (to help with consistency), along with the basics — salt and pepper.
- Fettuccine pasta is the classic choice for this recipe, but you can also substitute any other pasta you prefer (see below).
How to make cajun chicken fettuccine alfredo:
- Begin by splitting your chicken breast (in half lengthwise) and seasoning the chicken breast evenly with Cajun seasoning, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- You’ll cook the chicken breast on high heat for 4 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set it to the side.
- For the sauce, add butter and garlic to a medium pot on medium heat. Once the butter melts, add the flour and stir until it begins to combine.
- Add the heavy whipping cream, salt, pepper, sage, and parmesan cheese and his until smooth.
- Boil the fettuccine pasta according to instructions and drain before tossing it in alfredo sauce.
- Cut the chicken breast into slices and place on top of the Fettucine alfredo serving immediately.
Can I use any other pasta for this recipe?
Absolutely! Although fettuccine is the most popular for this recipe, you can use other flat noodles like linguine, pappardelle, and tagliatelle. They have wide surface areas making them great alternates. But if you want to change things up, you can use tubular pasta like farfalle (bow tie), penne, or bucatini.
When searching for a great family dinner idea, do not overlook this easy cajun chicken alfredo recipe! This classic recipe is creamy, simple, and full of flavor.Print
Fettuccine Alfredo with Cajun Chicken
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
Creamy fettuccini alfredo made with butter, garlic, heavy cream, and plenty of parmesan cheese is topped with Cajun-spiced chicken for a flavorful and easy dinner idea.
- 2 Boneless Chicken Breasts (1 lb), halved
- 1 Tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Black Pepper, divided
- 3 Tbsp Salted Butter
- 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbsp All-purpose Flour
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Rubbed Sage
- 1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 12 oz Fettuccine Pasta
- Cut the chicken breast in half lengthwise creating two pieces per chicken breast. Season each chicken piece with the Cajun seasoning, garlic powder, and ½ tsp black pepper.
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Cook chicken breast for 4 minutes per side. The chicken is done when the juices run clear and there is no visible pink meat. Remove the chicken from the heat and set to the side.
- In a large skillet on low heat, add the butter, garlic, and flour stirring until it begins to thicken. Add the heavy cream, salt, ½ tsp black pepper, rubbed sage, and Parmesan cheese whisking well until smooth, and the cheese is melted (6 to 8 minutes). Lower heat to a simmer.
- In a large pot, heat water over high heat until it begins to boil. Once it is boiling, add fettuccine pasta and cook according to package instructions.
- Drain pasta and toss with alfredo sauce.
- To serve, cut chicken breast into slices place on top of the fettuccine alfredo.
While draining your fettuccine pasta, save some pasta water. This can be used to thin out your alfredo sauce when tossing it with your fettuccine pasta before serving.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Fettuccine Alfredo with Cajun Chicken, Fettuccine Alfredo, Cajun Chicken, Cajun Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo, Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo