Creamy fettuccini alfredo made with butter, garlic, heavy cream, and plenty of parmesan cheese is topped with Cajun-spiced chicken for a flavorful and easy dinner idea. It’s a tasty spin on a classic dish that is foolproof and ready in no time!
Pasta nights are always a great idea, and combining tender, Cajun-seasoned chicken with a homemade alfredo cream sauce will surely satisfy everyone. This simple Cajun Chicken Fettucine Alfredo is a certified family favorite any day of the week!
This simple recipe was one of my favorites growing up. There is just something about home alfredo sauce and making it from scratch. It gives you more control of your flavors and allows the fresh ingredients to shine. You won’t believe how quick and easy this sauce is to pull together.
Ingredients you’ll need:
- The boneless chicken breast will be a protein in this recipe; please believe it is tender! You will season the chicken breast simply with Cajun seasoning, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- The homemade alfredo sauce is a creamy combination of heavy whipping cream, grated parmesan cheese, garlic, sage, butter, and flour (to help with consistency), along with the basics — salt and pepper.
- Fettuccine pasta is the classic choice for this recipe, but you can also substitute any other pasta you prefer (see below).
How to make cajun chicken fettuccine alfredo:
- Begin by splitting your chicken breast (in half lengthwise) and seasoning the chicken breast evenly with Cajun seasoning, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- You’ll cook the chicken breast on high heat for 4 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set it to the side.
- For the sauce, add butter and garlic to a medium pot on medium heat. Once the butter melts, add the flour and stir until it begins to combine.
- Add the heavy whipping cream, salt, pepper, sage, and parmesan cheese and his until smooth.
- Boil the fettuccine pasta according to instructions and drain before tossing it in alfredo sauce.
- Cut the chicken breast into slices and place on top of the Fettucine alfredo serving immediately.
Can I use any other pasta for this recipe?
Absolutely! Although fettuccine is the most popular for this recipe, you can use other flat noodles like linguine, pappardelle, and tagliatelle. They have wide surface areas making them great alternates. But if you want to change things up, you can use tubular pasta like farfalle (bow tie), penne, or bucatini.
When searching for a great family dinner idea, do not overlook this easy cajun chicken alfredo recipe! This classic recipe is creamy, simple, and full of flavor.Print