Creamy fettuccini alfredo made with butter, garlic, heavy cream, and plenty of parmesan cheese is topped with Cajun-spiced chicken for a flavorful and easy dinner idea.
- 2 Boneless Chicken Breasts (1 lb), halved
- 1 Tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Black Pepper, divided
- 3 Tbsp Salted Butter
- 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbsp All-purpose Flour
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Rubbed Sage
- 1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 12 oz Fettuccine Pasta
- Cut the chicken breast in half lengthwise creating two pieces per chicken breast. Season each chicken piece with the Cajun seasoning, garlic powder, and ½ tsp black pepper.
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Cook chicken breast for 4 minutes per side. The chicken is done when the juices run clear and there is no visible pink meat. Remove the chicken from the heat and set to the side.
- In a large skillet on low heat, add the butter, garlic, and flour stirring until it begins to thicken. Add the heavy cream, salt, ½ tsp black pepper, rubbed sage, and Parmesan cheese whisking well until smooth, and the cheese is melted (6 to 8 minutes). Lower heat to a simmer.
- In a large pot, heat water over high heat until it begins to boil. Once it is boiling, add fettuccine pasta and cook according to package instructions.
- Drain pasta and toss with alfredo sauce.
- To serve, cut chicken breast into slices place on top of the fettuccine alfredo.
While draining your fettuccine pasta, save some pasta water. This can be used to thin out your alfredo sauce when tossing it with your fettuccine pasta before serving.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Fettuccine Alfredo with Cajun Chicken, Fettuccine Alfredo, Cajun Chicken, Cajun Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo, Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo