Lamb can be an acquired taste for some but I can honestly say it didn’t take long for me to love it. The flavor from the herbs takes my recipe for Roasted Rack of Lamb over the top.
Roasting your lamb begins way before the “roasting” actually begins. You’ll want to start with a cast iron skillet (if you have one) that will give the rack of lamb the perfect sear. Rocking the lamb back and forth makes it a bit easier to cook it evenly, especially on the fatty side of the rack.
And for the side, this dish serves up great with Parmesan creamed spinach. Skip the restaurant and make this delicious dish at home. This roasted rack of lamb (served with a side a creamed spinach of course) can make one feel as if their meal came from a fancy restaurant minus the expense and the carbs.Print
Skip the restaurant and make this delicious Roasted Rack of Lamb at home. Served with a side a creamed spinach, this dish is perfect for the holidays!
- 1 Rack of Lamb
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Rosemary
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Thyme
- 3 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp. Butter
- If refrigerated, remove the packaging and allow to sit for 20 minutes so the lamb comes to room temperature.
- Season the entire rack of lamb evenly with salt, pepper and garlic powder and rub into meat.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil, chopped fresh rosemary, and chopped fresh thyme into and small saucer and stir. Take the olive oil and herb mix and rub the mixed oil over the entire rack of lamb evenly.
- Pre-heat cooking pan to medium heat. Once hot, add 2 tbsp of olive oil and butter to hot pan. Place the seasoned rack of lamb with the fat side down into the pan and cook for 5 minutes. While holding the bones, rock the meat slowly back and forth to brown the top and back of the rack. Take rack of lamb off of the heated pan and add to a baking dish with the fatty side up.
- Bake dish at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool and serve by cutting the chops in between the bones.
- Category: Low Carb
- Method: Pan Seared
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 1016
- Fat: 53.5g
Keywords: Roasted Rack of Lamb, Rack of Lamb, Lamb