The perfect drink when you need a nutritional boost! This Blueberry Superfood Smoothie is filled with ingredients that contain a large number of rich nutrients, vitamins, and minerals.
Health is wealth and we have to be conscious of what we put in our bodies as much as we possibly can. I know that we all enjoy great food (in addition to great dining experiences) but we have to also balance healthy living — making it apart of our lifestyle and not just a temporary diet to temporarily lose weight.
So what exactly are Superfoods?
One food group that I think is very important to our health is the “Superfood” group. Just to clarify, Superfoods don’t technically have there own food group, but they’re easily identifiable. They have a large number of rich nutrients, vitamins, and minerals that can help fight diseases and help us live healthier lives.
Some nutrients contain antioxidants believed to help fight cancer, healthy fats to help prevent heart disease, and fiber that assists with diabetes prevention and digestive problems. This is a great combination of great-tasting ingredients that will help you more than you realize.
What’s inside this Blueberry Superfood Smoothie?
- The blueberries are high in antioxidants and help with aging gracefully.
- Bananas are high in potassium and great for blood pressure.
- Fresh leaf spinach is awesome for iron, blood pressure, cancer prevention, and many more benefits.
- Peanut butter can assist with heart disease, protein, and even Alzheimer’s disease.
- Greek yogurt serves as a probiotic that helps with digestion and surprisingly increased protein intact.
- Decreased Inflammation, which can lead to weight loss and immune health, is an awesome benefit when you add ginger and turmeric into the mix.
- Lastly, the juice is more like a treat because of the taste, but it also only has 15 calories per serving and it is very low in sugar and that is always a plus.
I know at times we may not know all of the benefits of some of the foods we eat on the daily basis so I wanted to give a quick overview of the benefits you will get from this smoothie.
Remember to take time to focus on health as much as possible and if you need a way to kickstart your day, give this Blueberry Superfood Smoothie a try and your body will thank you for the gracious deposit into your health account.
Here are a few more smoothie recipes you might enjoy:Print
The perfect drink when you need a nutritional boost! This Blueberry Superfood Smoothie is filled with ingredients that contain a large number of rich nutrients, vitamins, and minerals
- 1 cup Frozen Blueberries
- 5 oz. Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp. Organic Peanut Butter
- 16 oz. Minute Maid Light Fruit Punch
- 2 Organic Bananas
- 12 oz. Organic Fresh Leaf Spinach
- 1/2 tsp Organic Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Organic Ground Ginger
- Add all ingredients into a large blender.
- Blend ingredients for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 273
- Fat: 5.6g
Keywords: Blueberry Superfood Smoothie, Superfood Smoothie