This Creamy Vanilla Cinnamon Smoothie is a great way to start your day off on the right foot! I am a huge advocate of smoothies — mainly due to the number of nutrients packed into each sip. After a workout, your body needs to refuel, and this smoothie is loaded with protein plus flavor.
This post has been written in partnership with Bob’s Red Mill. All opinions are mine alone.
I have incorporated many more strength training exercises and cardio in my workouts as I’ve gotten older. This is a big change from my prior routines that were more focused on heavy weight lifting.
Adding this protein powder to my post-workout smoothies along with my modified workout plan has me feeling great and my muscles looking lean. It’s a win, win. It’s tough to build muscle without a fair amount of protein, and the Bob’s Red Mill Almond Protein Powder has 20 grams of protein each serving.
Ingredients you’ll need to make this smoothie:
- The avocado not only provides the creaminess needed for the perfect texture, but it is also loaded with potassium and vitamins.
- The cinnamon brings the spice along with antioxidants. It decreases your blood sugar levels and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- I like to use raw, unfiltered honey because it improves wound healing, helps treat coughs, decreases risk factors for heart disease, and of course, it tastes great.
- Vanilla flavored Greek yogurt is awesome for gut health. Plus, there added vanilla flavor enhances the taste of the smoothie.
- I wanted to incorporate as much vanilla as possible, so I added vanilla almond milk in the mix to bring everything together. Not only is almond milk low in calories and sugar, but it is a great source of calcium. You can substitute low-fat milk in its place if you prefer.
How to make this smoothie:
This is a super easy recipe to put blend up in no time. You will begin by removing the skin and seed from the avocado, then add all ingredients into your blender . Blend until smooth and serve immediately.
If you want to add a great tasting smoothie to your day, give this Vanilla Cinnamon Smoothie a try, and I promise you will reap the benefits all the way around. Enjoy!Print