This side dish is perfect for the holidays, great for any family gatherings, and the ideal complement to any main entree. My Easy Carrot Soufflé is dense, creamy, slightly sweet, and has a little more texture than your average soufflé; just how I like it. And you’ll like it too.
I laugh (in my mind) as I think of my first encounters with carrots. I grew up watching Bugs Bunny always eating and chasing down carrots so I knew it just had to be something good about them. 🙂
Originating in the 18th century in the France region, soufflé is simply a baked dish that combines eggs with various ingredients — and for this recipe, I went with carrots. Unlike the traditional soufflé, although it does rise a bit, it will fall as it cools.
Plus, as I mentioned earlier, I like a little texture in this recipe, so while it’s creamy, it’s not overly “smooth.” This is a pretty simple recipe to pull together and the combination of carrots and those holiday spices will have everyone eating a bowl full.
How to make Carrot Souffle:
- Begin by boiling your carrots for 10 to 15 minutes to make sure they’re soft enough to mush together. I don’t blend my carrots, but you can choose to use a blender if you are wanting a more smooth texture and consistency. I use a typical potato smasher for the job.
- After the carrots have the consistency you are looking for, just add the remaining ingredients and egg (one at a time) while whisking.
- Bake this delicious dish for 45 to 50 minutes and it will be ready to enjoy.
There is just something about butter, cinnamon, and nutmeg, that gets me thinking about the holidays! And since they are around the corner, this will be a great recipe to bring to the table to make a great impression on everyone. If you love carrots then you will love this Carrot Souffle recipe so give it a try and enjoy.Print
Carrot soufflé, a creamy, dense, and slightly sweet side dish that goes well with any main entree. Perfect for the holidays or any day.
- 4 cups Mini Cut & Peeled Carrots
- 3 Large Organic Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Melted Butter
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan Salt
- Begin buy boiling your carrots for 10 to 15 minutes. Strain water and place inside of a large bowl.
- Smash the carrots to a smooth consistency.
- Place all ingredients, except for the eggs, inside of the bowl with the smashed carrots and mix together. Add each of the eggs one at a time while continuing to mix all of the ingredients together.
- Add the carrot mixture into a deep dish baking pan. This CorningWare dish is perfect.
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees and bake your carrot souffle for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Allowed to cool then serve.
You can also use a blender to bring the carrots to your desired consistency.
- Category: Sid Dish
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: French
- Calories: 290
- Sugar: 40.6g
- Sodium: 137mg
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 46.9g
- Protein: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 102mg
Keywords: Carrot Soufflé, Soufflé, holiday soufflé