Herb Roasted Potatoes with Mustard Vinaigrette
Some side dishes can become the star of the show, and these Herb Roasted Potatoes with Mustard Vinaigrette have all-star potential. This quick and easy side dish is full of fresh flavors from the fresh rosemary, seasonings, and homemade Dijon mustard vinaigrette enhanced with a hint of honey.
Need more potato inspiration? You should check out the recipe for Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Brussels Sprouts, Creamy Cheddar Mashed Potatoes, Turkey Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole, Healthier Red Potatoes Au Gratin, and Chicken Broccoli & Cheese Twice Baked Potatoes.
I make roasted potatoes all the time, and they are effortless to make — simply pop them in the oven and let them roast away. And once they’re done, they can be served in so many ways. Add a little salt and pepper, toss with garlic, butter, and herbs, or enjoy them in a tangy mustard vinaigrette.
Adding fresh herbs, like rosemary, thyme, or oregano, really elevates the aroma and taste of roasted potatoes.
Red potatoes, in particular, are my go to. When roasted at high heat, they result in a completely different texture than a russet/Idaho potato would. Slightly crispy skin on the outside and a creamy center — that firm but tender texture is what does it for me. Not only do their waxy flesh help hold their shape, but their thin skins means they don’t need to be peeled ahead of time.
These potatoes showcase how well fresh rosemary enhances any dish. After removing the potatoes from the oven, the homemade vinaigrette will be the glue that brings the flavor home.
Ingredients needed for this recipe:
- It all starts with the petite red potatoes that will get roasted in the oven.
- The potatoes are seasoned with fresh rosemary, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and olive oil to help the herbs and seasonings stick better to the potatoes.
- For the mustard vinaigrette dressing, you will need Dijon mustard, honey, red wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, and minced garlic. The seasonings you’ll need include salt, black pepper, ground ginger, and red pepper flakes.
How to make roasted red potatoes with mustard vinaigrette:
- Rinse the petite red potatoes, then cut them into halves (or quarters for larger potatoes).
- Finely chop the fresh rosemary and season the potatoes evenly with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and rosemary.
- Toss the seasoned potatoes in olive oil to coat then place on a baking sheet (paid link).
- Bake at 400 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.
- While the potatoes are baking, add olive oil, red wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, minced garlic, salt, pepper, ground ginger, and red pepper flakes in a large mixing bowl. Whisk (paid link) until well combined.
- Once the roasted potatoes are removed from the oven, place them in a large bowl and pour mustard vinaigrette over the potatoes, tossing them until they are coated well before serving.
Can I use another type of potatoes for this recipe?
Absolutely! Yukon Gold has a medium starch content and has a smooth and slightly waxy skin, just like red potatoes. They strike a balance between starchy and waxy. Fingerling potatoes are also a great alternative and ideal for roasting. They also have a waxy interior.
This is the perfect side dish for any type of gathering of friends and family. And there is no need to purchase store-bought vinaigrette when you may have all ingredients you need right in your pantry. The combination of honey, red wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, garlic, seasonings, and Dijon mustard will have these “honey mustard potatoes” popping with flavor with each bite.Print
Herb Roasted Potatoes with Mustard Vinaigrette
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Diet: Kosher
Herb Roasted Potatoes with Mustard Vinaigrette is full of fresh, herby flavors with roasted potatoes tossed in a homemade Dijon mustard vinaigrette enhanced with a hint of honey.
- 2 lb petite red potatoes
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Honey Mustard Vinaigrette sauce:
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp raw unfiltered honey
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rinse petite red potatoes, cut them into halves, and place them in a large bowl.
- Season potatoes evenly with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and chopped rosemary, then drizzle 1/4 cup olive oil and toss until well coated.
- Place on a baking sheet (paid link) and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, flipping halfway through. Potatoes will be fork tender and browned all over. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- While potatoes are baking, add olive oil, red wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, ground ginger, red pepper flakes, minced garlic, honey, and Dijon Mustard to a bowl and whisk (paid link) until blended.
- Toss with the hot potatoes and serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Comfort Food
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 292
- Sugar: 8.5g
- Sodium: 791mg
- Fat: 17.1g
- Carbohydrates: 33.9g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Herb Roasted Potatoes with Mustard Vinaigrette, Herb Roasted Potatoes, Mustard Vinaigrette