If you know me, you definitely know how much I love breakfast! Paired with my love for casserole dishes, this Turkey Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole is the perfect centerpiece for your next breakfast or brunch.
The combination of cheese and eggs can tempt the best of us, but when you add hash browns and tender ground turkey, it takes it straight to the top. A breakfast casserole made with hash brown potatoes? It’s savory, creamy, rich, and filling all at the same time.
This simple, baked recipe will have every morning starting on the right foot. Plus, It is easy to pack and take with you out the door. And did I mention it was gluten-free?
Ingredients you’ll need:
- At the heart of the casserole is a mixture of diced hash browns, ground turkey, red and green bell peppers, and cheese. I prefer using the diced potatoes versus shredded potatoes due to the texture the diced potatoes provide for this recipe. And is okay to use the frozen ones.
- Speaking of cheese, so you’ll need three types — parmesan cheese, Monterey jack cheese, and medium or sharp cheddar cheese. I don’t know who would ever say no to cheese, and this three cheese blend packs this casserole full of deliciousness.
- Dairy milk and organic eggs ensure the casserole results in the ideal creamy texture. Feel free to use non-dairy milk instead.
- You’ll need smoked paprika, garlic powder, and black pepper to season the ground turkey. And for the potatoes, we’ll add sea salt. Seasoning your meat and the potatoes is a step you can’t miss.
The texture from the hash browns gives this dish dimension, and the flavor from the seasoned turkey and peppers adds all the flavor you’ll need.
This cheesy hash brown casserole is excellent served on its own, or it can be paired with some of your favorite breakfast items (like buttermilk biscuits, french toast, pancakes, waffles, or grits) and served as a side dish.
So rise and shine to a great breakfast casserole with my easy Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole.
For more tasty breakfast ideas, check out the recipes below:
- Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict
- Buttermilk Biscuits and Turkey Gravy
- French Toast with Caramelized Apples
- Veggie Breakfast Skillet with Poblano Cream Sauce