Baked Parmesan Crusted Asparagus Spears covered in the flavors you get from the Parmesan cheese and crunchy texture from the panko breadcrumbs can not only make dinner time interesting, but it can actually be a great snack as well!
Asparagus is one of my favorite spring vegetables, and of course, enjoying them roasted with a drizzle of butter and a sprinkle of salt would suffice — but, why not kick it up a notch? So, today I’m sharing my Parmesan Crusted Asparagus Spears.
This recipe is an easy way to introduce a new way to enjoy asparagus. Give them an egg bath, dust them with a bit of flour, and coat them with a tasty combo of parmesan cheese and panko breadcrumbs, and you have the perfect side dish. Or, you can enjoy them solo (as I do) with a dip in ranch dressing.
Another reason to love asparagus?
I looked up the nutritional gains of eating asparagus and realized there are quite a few health benefits. Asparagus helps fight cancer, is a natural diuretic, good source of fiber and is rich with vitamin B6 which gives you a boost of energy.
One more thing to know…
While the most of the tender asparagus is edible; the end is not so appealing. Once you remove the tough and woody stem (or the very bottom), only juicy asparagus remains.
As we all try to find interesting ways to enjoy healthy recipes, this Parmesan Crusted Asparagus Spears is definitely one to bookmark.Print
Baked Parmesan Crusted Asparagus Spears covered in the flavors you get from the Parmesan cheese and crunchy texture from the panko breadcrumbs can not only make dinner time interesting, but it can actually be a great game day snack as well.
- 2 lbs Asparagus Spear
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Black Truffle Sea Salt
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Panko Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- 3 Large Organic Eggs
- 1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash the asparagus and cut the bottom ends of the spears.
- In a bowl, add eggs and whipping cream then whisk.
- Add all purpose flour to a baking sheet and coat the asparagus with flour.
- Add coated asparagus to egg mixture and make sure it’s covered well.
- In a bowl, add Garlic Powder, Black Pepper, Black Truffle Sea Salt, Parmesan cheese, and Panko breadcrumbs. Roll asparagus until coated well.
- Place asparagus on baking sheet and cook for 6 minutes on the top oven rack then move to a lower rack for the last 6 minutes.
Can be served with ranch dressing.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 148
- Fat: 3.3g
Keywords: asparagus, parmesan asparagus