This Asian-inspired treat can taste like a cheat day, but the protein intake will do the body good. The sweet and spicy sauce can add great flavor to your chicken and broccoli dinner. General Tso’s chicken has been a favorite of mine since the good ole college days and still is til this day.
- 1 lb. Organic Boneless Chicken Breast
- 12 oz. General Tso Sauce
- 16 oz. Fresh Broccoli
- 8 oz. Fresh White Mushrooms
- 1/3 cup Italian Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tbsp. Paprika
- 1 tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 Large Brown Egg
- 2 tbsp. Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 tbsp. All Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp. Butter
1. Begin by rinsing your chicken and cutting the chicken breast into square chunks.
2. Season your chicken chunks with paprika.
3. Lightly cover the seasoned chicken with all purpose flour.
4. In a bowl, add egg and heavy whipping cream. Mix well.
5. Add chicken pieces into the bowl and allow to sit while you prepare the breading bag.
6. Add breadcrumbs to a large zip lock bag and shake well until each chicken piece is covered evenly.
7. Place chicken on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
8. While the chicken is baking, pre-heat large cooking pan to medium heat.
9. Add butter and minced garlic and cook for 1 minute.
10. Add white mushrooms and allow to cook for 4 minutes.
11. Add broccoli, sea salt, and black pepper. Cook for 10 minutes then turn heat to low.
12. Once the chicken is cooked, add to cooking pan with other ingredients. Add General Tso’s sauce.
13. Allow all ingredients to cook on a low temperature covered for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
14. Once cooked, remove from heat and serve.
You can add rice if desired but remember it will add to your carb intake. Also, breading your chicken is optional and if you decide to go without the breading, this will further reduce the amount of carbs.