General Tso’s Chicken & Broccoli has been a favorite since my good ole college days. While playing college football the team would sometimes treat ourselves to an Asian buffet and that’s where I had General Tso’s Chicken for the very first time. The texture of the crispy chicken combined with the sweetness from the sauce makes them truly an awesome team.
This Asian-inspired dish can taste like a cheat day meal, but the protein intake and added vegetables (like broccoli and mushrooms) will do the body good. Plus, it’s very simple and easy to pull together for your family any day of the week.
Tips when making General Tso’s Chicken & Broccoli:
- Begin by cutting your chicken breast into cubes and covering each piece with paprika and flour.
- This flour coating gives the chicken that slightly crispy texture that makes this dish great.
- I didn’t make my own sauce for this recipe, so I went with a local General Tso’s Sauce brand.
- You can serve this recipe with rice or as-is if you want to cut down the carbs even more.
Looking for an quick Asian-inspired meal? Then look no further than my General Tso’s Chicken & Broccoli. Enjoy!Print
General Tso’s chicken is an Asian-inspired classic. The sweet and spicy sauce can add great flavor to your chicken and broccoli dinner.
- 1 lb. Organic Boneless Chicken Breast
- 12 oz. General Tso Sauce
- 16 oz. Fresh Broccoli
- 8 oz. Fresh White Mushrooms
- 1/3 cup Italian Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tbsp. Paprika
- 1 tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 Large Brown Egg
- 2 tbsp. Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 tbsp. All Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- Begin by rinsing your chicken and cutting the chicken breast into square chunks. Season your chicken chunks with paprika. Lightly cover the seasoned chicken with all-purpose flour.
- In a bowl, add egg and heavy whipping cream. Mix well. Add chicken pieces into the bowl and allow to sit while you prepare the breading bag. Add breadcrumbs to a large zip lock bag and shake well until each chicken piece is covered evenly.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, pre-heat large cooking pan to medium heat. Add butter and minced garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add white mushrooms and allow to cook for 4 minutes. Add broccoli, sea salt, and black pepper. Cook for 10 minutes then turn heat to low.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add to cooking pan with other ingredients. Add General Tso’s sauce. Allow all ingredients to cook on a low temperature covered for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian
- Calories: 325
- Sugar: 12.8g
- Sodium: 803mg
- Fat: 10.9g
- Carbohydrates: 30.3g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Protein: 41.2g
- Cholesterol: 173mg
Keywords: General Tso’s Chicken & Broccoli, General Tso’s Chicken, General Tso’s