A tasty alternative to your typical lasagna rolls, these Creamy Chicken Pesto Lasagna Rolls are filled with ground chicken, fresh spinach, and a creamy white basil pesto sauce.
Lasagna has been floating through history causing plenty of foodies to break into a happy dance and the same holds true with this recipe.
I will just have to be completely honest in the most humble way, this dish is awesome! Italian cuisine has always been at the top of my list of favorite foods because of the robust and rich flavors you typically get from the seasonings and sauces.
Did you know? Lasagna originated back in the 14th century from a book of cookery called Liber de Coquina. This pasta was even boiled in chicken fat so I’m sure the idea caught on fast back then!
Tips when making your lasagna rolls:
- After you pasta is cooked, you’ll want to allow it time to cool. A cooled pasta is much easier to roll and you won’t burn yourself in the process.
- The crème fraiche in this recipe replaces the ricotta cheese that is typically used, and the sweetness from that adds a new dimension to the recipe. However, if you cannot get a hold of cream Fraiche, you can substitute ricotta and it will work just fine.
- For the basil pesto, I either make my own from scratch (or use some basil pesto I have on hand). Basil pesto can also be purchased from your local grocer so if you don’t want to make your own, or are running short on time, that’s always an option.
How to make your own basil pesto:
For the basil pesto, you’ll need 2 cup Basil Leaves, ½ cup Organic Pine Nuts, 3 Garlic Cloves
½ cup Olive Oil, ¼ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese, ½ tsp Garlic Powder, ½ tsp Black Pepper, ¼ tsp Ground Thyme, and ¼ tsp Himalayan Salt.
Add basil leaves, pine nuts, garlic, and olive oil into a food processor and blend until smooth. Pour into a small bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
If you love Italian as much as I do then my Creamy Chicken Pesto Lasagna Rolls will surely not disappoint. This recipe can be a great go-to when cooking for family and friends (or a large group of people).
Here are a few more pasta recipes you might enjoy:
- Creamy Chicken Roasted Poblano Pasta
- Gluten-Free Chicken Gouda Penne Pasta
- Creamy Mushroom Stroganoff
- Meatball and Mushroom Pasta
- Cajun Chicken Alfredo Pasta
- Chicken Pesto Penne Pasta