These Creamy Chicken Pesto Lasagna Rolls are filled with ground chicken, fresh spinach, and a creamy white basil pesto sauce that will make you forget all about the traditional preparation.
Lasagna has been floating through history causing plenty of foodies to break into a happy dance and the same holds true with this recipe.
I will just have to be completely honest in the most humble way, this dish is awesome! Italian cuisine has always been at the top of my list of favorite foods because of the robust and rich flavors you typically get from the seasonings and sauces.
Lasagna recipes can be a great go-to when cooking for family and friends (or a large group of people). I love Italian so much I thought I had some Italian blood in the family tree somewhere (hahaha), but either way I definitely have a true appreciation.
I believe lasagna pasta originated back in the 14th century from a book of cookery called Liber de Coquina. This pasta was even boiled in chicken fat so I’m sure the idea caught on fast back then!
Tips When Making Chicken Pesto Lasagna Rolls:
- The basil pesto blends very well with the cream sauce and Italian flavored ground chicken.
- You can never go wrong with mixing mozzarella and Asiago cheese along with garlic spinach.
- The crème Fraiche replaces the ricotta cheese that is typically used, and the sweetness from that adds a new dimension to the recipe.
If you love Italian as much as I do then my Creamy Chicken Pesto Lasagna Rolls will surely not disappoint.
Here are a few more pasta recipes you might enjoy:
- Creamy Chicken Roasted Poblano Pasta
- Gluten-Free Chicken Gouda Penne Pasta
- Creamy Mushroom Stroganoff
- Meatball and Mushroom Pasta
- Cajun Chicken Alfredo Pasta
- Chicken Pesto Penne Pasta
These Creamy Chicken Pesto Lasagna Rolls are filled with ground chicken, fresh spinach and a creamy white basil pesto sauce that will make you forget all about the traditional preparation.
- 8 Lasagna Pasta Strips
- 1 lb. Lean Ground Chicken
- 1 and 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 8 oz. Crème Fraiche
- 5 oz. Fresh Spinach Leafs
- 1/2 cup Basil Pesto
- 1 cup Asiago Shredded Cheese
- 2 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 tsp. Fresh Thyme
- 1 tsp. Fresh Rosemary
- 2 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 3 tbsp. Butter
- 2 tsp. All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp. Artisanal Pizza Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp. Parsley Flakes, optional
- Begin by finely chopping the fresh rosemary and fresh thyme then set to the side.
- Pre-heat cooking pan to medium heat then add 1 tbsp of butter. Add fresh spinach leafs and minced garlic and cook for a few minutes until it cooks down. Drain any excess liquid and set to the side.
- In the same cooking pan (still on medium heat), add olive oil, freshly chopped rosemary, and thyme. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add broken down ground chicken, Artisanal pizza seasoning and paprika. Cook for 5 minutes or until cooked, drain, and set to the side.
- In a large cooking pot, add water and bring to a boil. Cook 8 lasagna pasta strips as instructed. Remove from water once done and lay each pasta strip on a flat surface to cool off.
- In a separate cooking pan, pre-heat to medium/low heat then melt 2 tbsp of butter. Once butter is melted, add all purpose flour, and stir until it begins to bind. Add heavy whipping cream and garlic powder then cook for 5 minutes.
- Once the sauce is complete, remove from heat and add 1/2 of the cooked ground chicken then stir and set to the side.
- In a large bowl, add crème fraiche, cooked spinach, the remaining 1/2 of ground chicken, Asiago cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, sea salt and black pepper then mix together.
- Add 1/4 cup of basil pesto to the chicken and sauce mixture and add another 1/4 cup of the basil pesto to the crème fraiche mixture and stir both in.
- Add a large spoon of the crème fraiche mixture onto each of the pasta strips and spread evenly. Begin to fold one end over and roll without rolling too tight.
- Add a large spoon full of the chicken sauce to the bottom of the baking pan and spread evenly. Place each rolled up lasagna roll into the baking sheet then top off with remaining chicken sauce mixture. Add 1 cup of mozzarella to the top of the dish and optional fresh parsley.
- Pre-heat oven at 400 degrees and cook dish for 15 minutes. Once done allow to cool then serve.
You can substitute your favorite Italian seasoning for the Artisanal Pizza Seasoning if that is not readily available.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 480
- Fat: 20.9g
Keywords: Chicken Pesto Lasagna Rolls, Chicken Lasagna Rolls, Lasagna Rolls