The Tiki Rita Margarita
Adding some tiki to the traditional margarita brings life to my new favorite way to cocktail — The Tiki Rita Margarita! This cocktail is so tasty you will be looking to make this tasty beverage on a weekly basis. No lies.
When you’re in the mood for a nice not-so-regular margarita, this Tiki Rita cocktail is a smash hit — but take caution because it can definitely sneak up on you. It’s refreshing and gets its added spice by way of the allspice dram — a tasty liqueur flavored with allspice berries that tastes like a combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove.
Ingredients you’ll need to make this cocktail:
- Go with silver tequila for this cocktail. Silver tequilas are great for mixed drinks and complement other flavors well.
- You can make your own simple syrup, but you can also purchase simple syrup. However, the simple mix of one part sugar to one part water makes it an easy ingredient to prepare.
- Orange liqueur is a traditional ingredient used when making margaritas. There are many options out there, but I prefer Grand Marnier, which has a little cognac added.
- Now we get to the ingredients that provide those fruity flavors that really bring the “tiki” home: fresh grapefruit juice, fresh lemon juice, and allspice dram.
- For garnish, you need lime, a cinnamon stick, and a dash of ground nutmeg.
Tips when making the Tiki Rita Margarita:
- The allspice dram isn’t always an easy item to find but is well worth it when you get your hands on a bottle. Try searching online first before making a blank trip.
- Everyone has a preference on what to add to the rim of your margarita, but I can honestly say a sugar rim is the way I roll. However, salt is equally great.
- Although I leave my Añejo Tequila to enjoy neat, I will use it to make this cocktail when I want a little upgrade.
And here are a few more unique cocktails you can try!Print
The Tiki Rita Margarita
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
Adding some tiki to the traditional margarita brings life to my new favorite way to cocktail — The Tiki Rita Margarita!
- 2 oz. Tequila Silver
- 1 oz. Simple Syrup
- 1 oz. Orange Liqueur
- 1/2 oz. Fresh Grapefruit Juice
- 1 oz. Allspice Dram
- 1/4 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Lime, sliced
- Dash Ground Nutmeg
- Prepare your simple syrup by mixing one part sugar and one part water until fully dissolved. Example: 3 tbsp of sugar to 3 tbsp of water.
- In a shaker, add tequila, grapefruit juice, allspice dram, orange liqueur, lemon juice, simple syrup, and ice. Shake all ingredients for 30 seconds and set to the side.
- On a small plate sprinkle a few tbsp of turbinado sugar (or salt), wet the rim of the glass using a slice of lime, and spin the rim of the glass into the sugar until the glass edge is covered.
- Pour blended ingredients in the glass and top with a dash of nutmeg.
My preferred orange liqueur to use is Grand Marnier.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Cocktail
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 301
- Fat: 0.1g
Keywords: Tiki Rita Margarita, The Tiki Margarita, Tiki Rita