When you are in the mood for a nice not-so-regular margarita this Tiki Rita cocktail is a smash hit –but take caution because it can definitely sneak up on you (like an ancient Mayan warrior, haha). It’s blended with some great flavors like orange liqueur, grapefruit juice, and allspice dram. This refreshing adult beverage will definitely get the party started.
- 2 oz. Tequila Silver
- 1 oz. Simple Syrup
- 1 oz. Orange Liqueur
- 1/2 oz. Fresh Grapefruit Juice
- 1/2 oz. Allspice Dram
- 1/4 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Lime, sliced
- Dash Ground Nutmeg
1. Begin by making the simple syrup mixing the turbinado sugar and water.
2. Make as much as desired (to save some for later) by matching 1:1 the amounts of both until it begins to dissolve. Example: 3 tbsp of sugar to 3 tbsp of water.
3. In a shaker, add tequila, grapefruit juice, allspice dram, orange liqueur, lemon juice, simple syrup and ice.
4. Shake all ingredients for 1 to 2 minutes then sit to side.
5. On a small plate sprinkle a few tbsp of turbinado sugar (or salt), wet the rim of the glass with the sliced lime, and spin the rim of the glass into the sugar until it is coated.
6. Pour blended ingredients in the glass, add dash of nutmeg then serve.