These White Chicken & Spinach Lasagna Rolls are filled with ground chicken, fresh spinach, and a creamy white basil pesto sauce that will make you forget all about the traditional preparation.
- 8 Lasagna Noodles
- 3 tbsp. Butter
- 5 oz. Fresh Spinach Leafs
- 2 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp. Fresh Thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp. Fresh Rosemary, chopped
- 1 lb. Lean Ground Chicken
- 2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 2 tsp. All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 8 oz. Crème Fraiche
- 1 cup Asiago Shredded Cheese
- 2 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Basil Pesto*
- 1 tbsp. Parsley Flakes, optional
- In a large cooking pot, add water and bring to a boil. Cook lasagna pasta strips as instructed. Remove from water and lay each pasta strip on a flat surface to cool off.
- Heat cooking pan to medium heat and add 1 tbsp. of butter. Add fresh spinach and minced garlic. Cook for 2-3 until spinach is wilted. Drain any excess liquid and set it to the side.
- In the same cooking pan (still on medium heat), add a drizzle of olive oil, rosemary, and thyme. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add ground chicken, Italian seasoning, and paprika. Cook for 5 minutes or until cooked, drain, and set to the side.
- In a cooking pan, heat to medium-low heat and add 2 tbsp. of butter. Once butter is melted, add all-purpose flour, and stir until it begins to bind. Add heavy whipping cream and garlic powder and cook for 5 minutes.
- Once the sauce is complete, remove it from heat and fold in 1/2 of the cooked ground chicken. Stir and set to the side.
- In a large bowl, add crème fraiche, cooked spinach, the remaining 1/2 of ground chicken, asiago cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, sea salt, and black pepper. Stir.
- Add 1/4 cup of basil pesto to the sauce mixture and add another 1/4 cup of the basil pesto to the crème fraiche mixture. Stir.
- Add a large spoon of the crème Fraiche mixture onto each of the pasta strips and spread evenly. Begin to roll each strip to create each lasagna roll. Do not roll too tight.
- Add a large spoon full of the chicken sauce to the bottom of a baking pan and spread evenly. Place each rolled lasagna roll into the baking sheet . Top off with the remaining chicken sauce mixture. Add 1 cup of mozzarella to the top of the dish and fresh parsley.
- Bake at 400 degrees and for 15 minutes. Allow to cool then serve.
For homemade basil pesto: In a food processor , combine 2 cups fresh basil leaves, ½ cup pine nuts, 3 whole garlic cloves, ½ cup olive oil, ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese, ½ tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp black pepper, ¼ tsp ground thyme, and ¼ tsp Himalayan Salt and blend until smooth
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 480
- Fat: 20.9g
Keywords: Chicken Pesto Lasagna Rolls, Chicken Lasagna Rolls, Lasagna Rolls