Who doesn’t love Frito Pie?! It’s the perfect dish that let’s everyone in the family add as few or as many toppings as they like.
Frito Pie is such a classic Southern recipe and the fact that it’s simple to make is definitely a bonus. Once you have the basics completed – chili, cheese, and corn chips – you can pile on additions like salsa, refried beans, sour cream, avocado, onion, and jalapeños.
- 1 bag Fritos Original Cornchips (9 oz or more)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 15 oz. can organic kidney beans
- 1 can Italian tomato sauce
- 1 7 oz. can Mexican salsa
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese or cheese mix
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
1. Brown the ground beef add salt and pepper for 5-8 minutes.
2. Add kidney beans, salsa, and tomato sauce and allow to cook on low to medium heat until beans are softened.
3. Add chips to bowl and spread the meat over the chips evenly and top off with a hand full of cheese. The heat from the meat will melt cheese.
4. Add sour cream if desired.