Southwestern Frito Pie is a classic recipe made with Frito corn chips, ground beef chili, and cheese. Can be served in a bowl or straight from the bag!
- 1 bag Fritos Original Cornchips (9 oz or more)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 15 oz. can organic kidney beans
- 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 10 oz. can Rotel
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Add your ground beef to a medium-high cast-iron skillet. Add salt and pepper. Cook for 5-7 minutes until brown. Add kidney beans, tomato sauce, Rotel, and allow to cook until beans are softened (about 5-7 minutes).
- Add corn chips to a bowl, and spread chili evenly over the chips. Top off with a hand full of cheddar cheese.
- Add additional toppings as required.
You can also use Ranch Style beans or black beans in place of kidney beans.
You can use any brand of corn chips as an alternative to the Fritos brand.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 515
- Fat: 30g
Keywords: Southwestern Frito Pie, Frito Pie, Texas Frito Pie