These No-Bake Sweet Potato Cheesecake Bars definitely fit the bill when you are in the mood for something sweet. This three-tiered dessert starts with a brown sugar graham cracker crust, moves on to a creamy cheesecake layer, and finishes it off with a luscious layer flavored by sweet potatoes.
Growing up in Louisiana, we ate sweet potatoes quite often. And for that reason alone, it's been all things sweet potato on this site for a few weeks now—the season calls for it, and who doesn't love sweet potatoes.
My grandfather had a garden where he grew a variety of different vegetables, and sweet potatoes were his favorite. When they were ripe and ready, my grandmother would bake them and fill the house with that great aroma.
For this recipe, I wanted to put a twist on my Easy Lemon Cream Pie, which is also a family favorite.
Instead of lemon, I used sweet potatoes and turned a single layer pie into a multi-layered cheesecake bar. Not a new idea, but a genius one.
Imagine taking a bite and getting the flavors from sweetened graham crackers, cheesecake, and sweet potato pie all in one. That is what this great no-bake dessert idea brings to the table.
And did I mention this recipe has zero baking time?
Let's jump into the ingredients you'll need to make this cheesecake:
- Up first is the graham cracker layer. You'll need whole graham crackers, butter, and dark brown sugar. Light brown sugar can be used as well (in place of the dark brown sugar).
- The second or middle layer is your largest layer, and it's all about the cheesecake. A creamy blend of cream cheese, sugar, whipped topping (AKA Cool Whip), vanilla extract, and you are finished. Note: if you don't have whipped topping, you can substitute ½ cup whipping cream that has been whipped.
- For my favorite layer of them all, the sweet potato layer, you'll combine a large (boiled) sweet potato, cream cheese, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla extract.
How to make sweet potato cheesecake bars:
- When building anything, the foundation is pretty important so let's begin with the graham cracker crust. To build this layer, add your whole graham cracker into a zip lock bag and crush into fine pieces using a rolling pin.
- Add those crushed graham crackers into a separate bowl along with your brown sugar and melted butter. Mix and use a fork to press down into the mixture to make sure it binds together. You won't be baking this crust, so you'll want to ensure it sticks together with ease.
- With parchment paper on the bottom and sides (this will help you remove the cheesecake from the dish when it is ready to serve), add your graham cracker layer to a square casserole dish. Press and spread out this layer until it covers the bottom of the dish.
- Add all the ingredients for the cheesecake layer in a large bowl except for the whipped topping. Using a hand mixer, combine the ingredients until smooth. This will take around 3-5 minutes. Note: You'll want your cream cheese to be at room temperature before using it.
- Peel the skin from your sweet potato and cut it into big cubes before boiling for 30 minutes. Once it's done, drain from the water and add the sweet potato to a large bowl. Mash using a potato masher. Add all of the sweet potato layer ingredients and blend using a hand mixer until smooth. Note: You can bake (see note below about baking) or boil your sweet potato beforehand during prep, so there are no large pauses during the process.
- If your mixture is warm, allow it to cool before pouring the mixture evenly over the cheesecake layer.
- Refrigerate for at least 8 hours before serving.
- When it's ready to serve, cut your pieces into even squares, and serve.
This No-Bake Sweet Potato Cheesecake Bar recipe will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth. When you want simply yer delicious dessert idea give this recipe a try and let me know what you think. Enjoy!Print
No-Bake Sweet Potato Cheesecake Bars made with a graham cracker crust, a middle layer of cheesecake, and a layer flavored by sweet potatoes.
For the Cheesecake Layer:
- 16 oz. Cream Cheese
- 1 ½ cup Sugar
- 1 cup Whipped Topping
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla Extract
For the Sweet Potato Layer:
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
For the Crust Layer:
- 12 Graham Whole Cracker
- ½ cup Melted Butter
- ¼ cup Dark Brown Sugar
- Place your graham crackers in a zip lock bag and crush into fine pieces using a rolling pin for the crust layer. Add finely crushed crackers to a large bowl. Add brown sugar, melted butter, and mix using a fork.
- Add the Graham Cracker mixture to a square casserole dish. Press evenly into the bottom of the dish until it is fully covered.
- Peel the skin from the sweet potatoes and cut them into cubes. Boil for 30 minutes.
- Drain sweet potatoes from water and add to a large bowl. Mash using a potato masher. Add all sweet potato layer ingredients into a large bowl. Blend until smooth using a hand mixer. Set to the side.
- For the cheesecake layer, add cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract into a separate bowl. Mix until smooth (for 3-5 minutes) using a hand mixer. Add the whipped topping to the bowl and fold ingredients together.
- Pour your cheesecake mixture over the crust spreading evenly. Add the sweet potato mixture over the cheesecake layer and spread evenly.
- Refrigerate for at least 8 hours before serving. When ready to serve, cut your pieces into even squares.
Add a large sheet of parchment paper that covers the bottom and sides of your casserole dish before adding your first layer. This will make it easier to lift the cheesecake from the dish when it's ready to serve.
You can also bake your sweet potatoes instead of boiling them. Preheat your oven to 350°F. Using a fork, make a few holes on the top of the sweet potato. Place them on a baking sheet and bake them for 1 hour. Allow to cool and peel back the skin.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 457
- Sugar: 16.7g
- Sodium: 358mg
- Fat: 34.9g
- Carbohydrates: 32.5g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 6.3g
- Cholesterol: 100mg
Keywords: No Bake Sweet Potato Cheesecake Bars, Sweet Potato Cheesecake Bars, No Bake Cheesecake Bars, Cheesecake Bars