I’m always thinking of new and creative ways to put a twist on the traditional pancake recipe. If you like lemon, these lemon ricotta pancakes are a no-brainer.
- 1 1/2 cup pancake mix (I use Aunt Jemima)
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. lemon zest
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 5 tbsp. sugar
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tbsp. butter, melted
1. In a large bowl, add pancake mix, ricotta cheese, nutmeg, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla extract.
2. Add milk and mix all ingredients with a mixer until well blended.
3. Add olive oil to medium heat skillet and flip when air bubbles appear.
4. Cook for another minute (or less) on second side.