I’m always thinking of new and creative ways to put a twist on the traditional pancake recipe. If you like lemon, these Light & Fluffy Lemon Ricotta Pancakes are a no-brainer. The crispy edges from these delicious pancakes will start you off on the right foot any day of the week.
So what do you gain by adding ricotta to your pancakes? First and foremost, adding ricotta results in a light and fluffy pancake. They literally melt in your mouth. Ricotta also adds an extra richness that you don’t get from traditional pancakes. And although ricotta is a dense ingredient, it doesn’t weigh the pancakes down.
Everyone needs a go-to pancake recipe, and this is it! The fresh lemon zest and fresh lemon juice along with butter and sugar make this breakfast idea as refreshing as a tall glass of lemonade on a sunny day. They are even good enough to enjoy without maple syrup! Now that’s a good pancake.
Tips when making your Lemon Ricotta Pancakes:
- Texture and consistency are very important in this recipe. You want the pancake batter to reach the desired consistency so the pancakes can come out light and fluffy. And because I am a firm believer in “starting with something good and ending with something great”, my recipe begins with Krusteaz Pancake Mix.
- To achieve the best results, you’ll want to mix your wet and dry ingredients separately. This ensures you don’t overmix the pancake batter, which can lead to a tough pancake. Hence the reason you will love these. They are some of the moistest pancakes I’ve ever made.
When you want a change from your traditional pancakes, give these Light & Fluffy Lemon Ricotta Pancakes a try and you will love them. They are the perfect balance of tart and sweet.
Looking for another pancake idea? Try out my Sweet Potato Pancakes too!Print
Thinking of new and creative ways to put a twist on the traditional pancake recipe? If you like sweet, light, and fluffy pancakes, these Lemon Ricotta Pancakes are the perfect choice.
- 1 1/2 cup pancake mix (I use Krusteaz Pancake Mix)
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. Lemon zest
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
- 5 tbsp. Sugar
- 3/4 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 3 tbsp. Butter, melted
- In a large bowl, add Krusteaz Pancake Mix, nutmeg, lemon zest. Mix using hand blender.
- In a seprate bowl, blend sugar, lemon juice, eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix all ingredients until well blended. Gently fold in ricotta cheese.
- Add olive oil to medium heat cast iron skillet. Pour 1/4 cup of pancake batter for each pancake. Flip when air bubbles appear.
- Cook for another minute (or less) on second side.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 333
- Fat: 17.4g
Keywords: Lemon Ricotta Pancakes, Lemon Pancakes, Ricotta Pancakes, Pancakes