I’m always thinking of new and creative ways to put a twist on the traditional pancake recipe. If you like lemon, these lemon ricotta pancakes are a no-brainer. The crispy edges from these delicious pancakes will start you off on the right foot any day of the week.
The lemon zest and lemon juice flavors along with a butter and sugar makes this breakfast idea as refreshing as a tall glass of lemonade on a sunny day. You have to be careful by getting the mix to the desired consistency so the pancakes can come out as light and fluffy as desired. When you want to bring a cool breeze of refreshment to the breakfast table give these Lemon Ricotta Pancakes a try and you will love them.
Thinking of new and creative ways to put a twist on the traditional pancake recipe? If you like lemon, these Lemon Ricotta Pancakes are a no-brainer.
- 1 1/2 cup pancake mix (I use Aunt Jemima)
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. lemon zest
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 5 tbsp. sugar
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tbsp. butter, melted
- In a large bowl, add pancake mix, ricotta cheese, nutmeg, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla extract.
- Add milk and mix all ingredients with a mixer until well blended.
- Add olive oil to medium heat skillet and flip when air bubbles appear.
- Cook for another minute (or less) on second side.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 333
- Fat: 17.4g
Keywords: Lemon Ricotta Pancakes, Lemon Pancakes