The Strawberry & Lemon Cookie Ice Cream Trifle is a dessert idea to try when you want something that looks complicated but is pretty simple to execute. Layers of ice cream, macerated strawberries, and crumbled lemon snap cookies make this ice cream trifle a fun dessert the entire family will enjoy.
A traditional “trifle” is made with fruit, a thin layer of ladyfingers that have been soaked in sherry or wine, custard, and topped off with whipped cream. My multi-level delicacy is a little different from the recipe created by the British in the mid-1700s. In usual fashion, I’ve given this a tweak here and there.
Making my Strawberry Lemon Cookie Trifle:
This simple recipe begins by crushing the lemon snap cookies. You can use a roller or place your cookies in a zip lock bag and crush them by hand.
Place your strawberries in a large bowl, cover them with sugar and balsamic vinegar, and allow them to sit for at least 30 minutes.
At this point, you will just need to layer your mason jar and get ready to dig in — immediately.
Start with the vanilla ice cream, then layer in the crushed cookies and macerated strawberries. The macerated strawberries and vanilla ice cream taste great together.
The great thing about this dessert is the sweetness is not overbearing. So fellas, if you want to impress your special someone on a special day this dessert will surely impress. It is also a great dessert to make with the kids!
Here are a few of my favorite lemon recipes you might also enjoy:
- Soft and Chewy Lemon Cookies
- Cherry Lemonade Cupcakes
- Blueberry Lemonade Belgian Waffles
- Easy 5-Ingredient Lemon Icebox Pie
This Strawberry Lemon Cookie Trifle combines layers of vanilla ice cream, macerated strawberries, and lemon snap cookies for the perfect family dessert.
- 1/2 lb. Sliced Fresh Strawberries
- 20 oz. Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 cup Crusted Lemon Snap Cookies
- 1 tbsp. Sugar
- 1 tsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- Slice 1/2 pound of fresh strawberries and add to bowl.
- Spread sugar and balsamic vinegar over the sliced strawberries and allow it to sit for 30 minutes.
- Add lemon snap cookies to blender and blend until it’s broken down.
- In a medium mason jar, add ice cream (using an ice cream scoop), add layer of crusted lemon snap cookies, macerated strawberries, and top off with more ice cream.
- You can optionally top off with whip cream.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 614
- Sugar: 47.9g
- Sodium: 227mg
- Fat: 27.7g
- Carbohydrates: 67.4g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 8.4g
- Cholesterol: 79mg
Keywords: Strawberry Lemon Snap Trifle, Strawberry Lemon Trifle, Lemon Trifle, Lemon Cookie Trifle, Strawberry Lemon Cookie Trifle