By blending the slightly tart yet sweet flavors from the honey glaze and garlic, you can turn a good piece of Steelhead Trout into something great. Hello, Honey Balsamic Steelhead Trout!
While in the search for tasty but healthy dinner ideas, this Sheet Pan Honey Balsamic Steelhead Trout recipe was the perfect choice. Sheet pan dinners are very popular because the are simple to pull together and equate to a full meal in the end.
Making the Honey Balsamic Steelhead Trout:
- Seasoning the trout is the most important step. I keep the seasoning for this recipe fairly simple as to not overpower the dish. Sea salt, black pepper and creole seasoning will do the trick.
- To make the balsamic glaze, you’ll combine honey, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, white cooking wine (or wine of your choice), brown sugar and minced garlic. The sweeter ingredients help to balance out the tartness from the balsamic vinegar.
- Pour the glaze on the entire filet and outline the fish with fresh broccoli. You can certainly use other vegetables in place of broccoli, but make sure it can hold up to the oven temperatures.
Vegetables good for baking with this Honey Balsamic Steelhead Trout include Asparagus, Bell Peppers, Brussels Sprouts (halved), Butternut Squash, Baby Carrots, and Cauliflower. You can also mix the broccoli in the sauce to give it a boost as well. There are a lot of benefits to eating this type of fish but the most important one for this dinner recipe will be the taste!
And if you’re looking for a few more seafood recipes, don’t miss my Creamy Tuscan Steelhead Trout, Creole Fish Etouffee, Foil Baked Chilean Sea Bass with Lemon Parmesan Cream Sauce, and Pan Seared Salmon with Succotash!Print
This Honey Balsamic Steelhead Trout blends the slightly tart yet sweet flavors from the honey balsamic glaze and garlic with trout for an amazing seafood dinner!
- 2 lb. Steelhead Trout Filet
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. White Cooking Wine
- 1 tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp. Lemon Juice
- Dash Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Creole Seasoning
- 1 lb. Broccoli Florets
- 5 tbsp. Butter
- 1/4 tsp. Oregano
- Begin by adding 2 tbsp of butter to a cooking pan and cook broccoli florets for 10 minutes on medium heat, covered.
- Add non-stick spray or butter to large baking sheet. 3. Place the entire Steelhead Trout filet on the baking sheet and season with sea salt, black pepper and creole seasoning.
- Pre-heat cooking pan to medium/low heat then add 3 tbsp of butter and allow it to melt.
- Add honey, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, white cooking wine, brown sugar and minced garlic to pan. Cook for 5 minutes on lower heat, then slightly increase heat and cook until it begins to bind.
- Once complete, pour balsamic mixture over the entire Steelhead Trout filet.
- Add oregano over the fish and place the cooked broccoli on the sides of the baking sheet.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and cook ingredients for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle parsley if desired, then serve.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 431
- Fat: 15.4
Keywords: Honey Balsamic Steelhead Trout, Honey Steelhead Trout, Steelhead Trout