Honey Balsamic Steelhead Trout blends slightly tart & sweet flavors to create an lightly glazed trout. Pair with roasted broccoli.
- 2 lb. Steelhead Trout Filet
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. White Wine
- 1 tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Creole Seasoning
- 1 lb. Broccoli Florets
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp. Oregano
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Grease an enabled cast-iron skillet with butter or olive oil.
- Slice your steelhead into equal portions. Season with 1/2 tsp. sea salt, black pepper, and creole seasoning. Add fish to the (oven-safe) skillet. Set to the side.
- Add honey, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, white wine, brown sugar, and minced garlic to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes on low heat, then slightly increase heat to medium and cook until it begins to thicken. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Pour the honey balsamic glaze over the steelhead trout fillets in the skillet.
- Toss your broccoli florets in olive oil and 1/2 tsp. salt.
- Place broccoli in the same pan as the fish. Add oregano over the fish and broccoli.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
You can substitute white cooking wine for the dry white wine in this recipe.
You can cook your broccoli on a separate baking sheet as well. They can bake at the same temperature for the same amount of time.
- Category: Fish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 431
- Fat: 15.4
Keywords: Honey Balsamic Steelhead Trout, Honey Steelhead Trout, Steelhead Trout