Taking a simply prepared fish and enhancing it with one of my favorite sauce preparations is an easy dinner recipe decision. You can’t go wrong incorporating Parmesan cheese into anything. And my Creamy Tuscan Steelhead Trout (topped with a flavorful sauce filled with fresh spinach and sundried tomatoes) is one of those recipes.
The flaky texture of pan-seared trout paired with the creaminess of this awesome sauce puts this recipe on constant repeat in my home. The sauce can also be used with many other types of fish including salmon, cod, or red snapper.
Making the Creamy Tuscan Steelhead Trout:
- Begin by cutting your Steelhead Trout into equal portions.
- You’ll want to cook your fish for 4 minutes (skin side up) first, then flip it over for 3 additional minutes on the other side.
- Once you add the butter, minced garlic, and coconut flour to the pan you are halfway there.
- Add your whipping cream and cream seasonings before adding the spinach and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Quick note, to adjust the consistency of your sauce, you can add more cream and less Parmesan cheese (loosens) or vice versa (thickens).
- Once your sauce is ready, place your cooked Steelhead Trout back into the saucepan and cover with all that saucy goodness.
When you want a great tasting fish dish with an amazing cream sauce give this Creamy Tuscan Steelhead Trout recipe a spot on your table and you will thoroughly enjoy it.Print
Creamy Tuscan Steelhead Trout made with pan-fried fish and a creamy and flavorful sauce filled with fresh spinach and sundried tomatoes.
For the Fish:
- 2 lb Steelhead Trout Fish Filet
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan Salt
For the Sauce:
- 2 1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 cup Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 8 oz Fresh Spinach
- 3/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 2 tsp Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tsp Ground Thyme
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Begin by cutting your fish into equal 4 inch filets. Season with fish seasonings.
- Pre-heat cooking pan to medium heat. Add cooking oil. Pan sear your fish fillets for 4 minutes skin side up and 3 additional minutes on the skin side. Remove from heat.
- Remove access oil from pan and add butter, minced garlic and flour then stir. Add whipping cream, sun dried tomatoes, spinach, and sauce seasonings. Stir while lowering the heat to medium/low.
- Allow the sauce to cook for 5 minutes. Add Parmesan cheese and stir.
- Lower heat to simmer and place cooked fish back into the pan. Cover with sauce.
- Category: Fish
- Method: Pan-fried
- Cuisine: French
- Calories: 569
- Sodium: 514mg
- Fat: 44.3g
- Carbohydrates: 11.6g
- Protein: 35.3g
- Cholesterol: 171mg
Keywords: Tuscan Steelhead Trout, Steelhead Trout, Creamy Tuscan Steelhead Trout, trout, cast-iron, fish, pan-fried fish