This Double Turkey Pepperoni Pizza is a double-layered pizza and a go-to in my home. Perfect on pizza nights and for those looking for a pork-alternative.
I remember the first time I visited Showtime Pizza. Aside from seeing all the cool animals perform, we ate tons pizza. That was the moment I fell in love with pepperoni pizza. And the rest is history.
I used to think any other pepperoni other than the traditional would not taste as good, but turkey pepperoni completely changed my mind. This recipe is pretty simple and I don’t see how you can ever go wrong with cheese and pepperoni — and lots of it.
Tips when making the Double Turkey Pepperoni Pizza:
- For the cheese on this pizza, I use Colby and Mozzarella. They are really a great combination.
- I find that using fresh dough makes all the difference in the world when making pizza at home.
- Using pastry flour will help while rolling out your dough.
- I use Organicville Pizza Sauce, but feel free to to use your preferred pizza sauce.
When you want a great tasting pepperoni pizza minus the pork give this Double Turkey Pepperoni Pizza a spot on the table and I promise you will not regret it!Print
This Double Turkey Pepperoni Pizza is a double-layered pizza and a go-to in my home. Perfect on pizza nights for those looking for a pork-alternative.
- 4 o.z Uncured Turkey Pepperoni Slices
- 1 lb. Fresh Pizza Dough
- 15 oz. Organicville Organic Pizza Sauce
- 1 lb. Mozzarella Shredded Cheese
- 4 oz. Colby Cheese Block
- 1/3 cup Pastry Flour
- 1 tbsp. Butter
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1 tbsp. Dried Parsley
- Sprinkle pastry flour over kitchen counter top. Using your hands, place fresh dough onto flour and begin to form it into a large circle. Using a pizza dough roller, roll the pizza dough into a circle approx. 16-inch in diameter. Place rolled pizza dough on pizza pan.
- With a large spoon spread the pizza sauce evenly over the dough leaving the outside edges free of sauce (for the crust). Add a layer of pepperoni slices.
- Cut colby cheese into small thin pieces and spread over pizza. Add more pepperoni over the colby cheese. Add shredded mozzarella over the entire pizza. Add the rest of the pepperoni over the top of the cheese.
- Sprinkle the dried parsley over the top and place in the oven. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Melt butter into a small sauce bowl and add Italian seasoning, then stir. 13. Once the pizza has finished baking, spread the mixed butter over the crust of the pizza.
- Allow to cool and serve.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 559
- Fat: 35.7g
Keywords: Double Turkey Pepperoni Pizza, Turkey Pepperoni Pizza, Double Pepperoni Pizza